DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 landing light

thwcologne

Reactions
How do I switch on the landing light addressing one button after the 900 firmware update.

With the regular remote it's double click the function button I think.

With the 900 update this has been fixed to 'automatic' for us Europeans. There is no longer the option to switch it on or off manually.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
How do I switch on the landing light addressing one button after the 900 firmware update.
it is in the setting...unless something has changed since the last time i looked at mines.

With the 900 update this has been fixed to 'automatic' for us Europeans. There is no longer the option to switch it on or off manually.
True! 😢 More like the user control was completely removed! It still works as before on .0900 in the United States, and, in the United States, we can still turn off the front lights during recording, as well, which was also removed in Europe with .0900.

It's automatic in the U.S. as well - I am on .0900 and when I was landing after a sunset shoot a couple of nights ago the landing light came on automatically about 30' above the ground.

It's automatic in the U.S. as well - I am on .0900 and when I was landing after a sunset shoot a couple of nights ago the landing light came on automatically about 30' above the ground.
That's only the default setting in the U.S.. We still have full control over the light in the app and through custom settings. It cycles from Auto, to On, and to Off each time you toggle it. You can manually turn it on to locate it in the sky before landing after dark, and then to off, preventing the nighttblinding that occurs with the Auto setting, just while you are trying to handcatch it!

That's only the default setting in the U.S.. We still have full control over the light in the app and through custom settings. It cycles from Auto, to On, and to Off each time you toggle it. You can manually turn it on to locate it in the sky before landing after dark, and then to off, preventing the nighttblinding that occurs with the Auto setting, just while you are trying to handcatch it!

I will have to think about what button I want to assign that one to as I am already using C1 and C2. You are correct about getting blinded by that light - its brutal for night vision.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I will have to think about what button I want to assign that one to as I am already using C1 and C2. You are correct about getting blinded by that light - its brutal for night vision.
Same here. I assigned it to the C3 button on the top. I use it a lot to override the Auto default that otherwise always blinds me, when landing after sunset! Losing manual control over it, like the EU now has, would be a major loss. If I were in the EU, I'd just cover them up! However, I like using them here in the U.S. to locate the drone in the sky, just before landing, when switching from primarily FPV to VLOS for the final approach to landing after dark, when you can hear it, but can't see it from below. Turn them on to find it in the sky, and then turn them completely off, once I can see it in the dark against the sky, before Auto triggers them, and blinds me!

solution is here:
after this i got a vertical green stripe on the left side of the photo live view so i had to update it back

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming