DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 now available (more details inside)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
The Mavic 3 is now available here in the DJI Store. See more details here.

New features:
  • 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera
  • 46 Minutes of Flight Time
  • Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing
  • 15km Max Transmission Range
  • Advanced Return to Home
1636079052108.png

1636079116424.png

1636079140235.png

Last edited:
Direct off the Mavic site: Note the use of Tele-lens. Does this mean it has a true telephoto lens and not just digital zoom?

What are the advantages of Mavic 3's imaging system?

Mavic 3 is equipped with a dual-camera system. First, the Hasselblad camera has a professional-level 4/3 CMOS sensor and supports the Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution, allowing users to get stunning results without the need for post-processing. Mavic 3 Cine goes one step further, offering support for Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding. Second, the tele lens of the dual-camera system supports Explore mode for 28x hybrid zoom, allowing you to see more of your environment and plan shots with ease.

Reactions: Droniac
Direct off the Mavic site: Note the use of Tele-lens. Does this mean it has a true telephoto lens and not just digital zoom?

What are the advantages of Mavic 3's imaging system?​

Mavic 3 is equipped with a dual-camera system. First, the Hasselblad camera has a professional-level 4/3 CMOS sensor and supports the Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution, allowing users to get stunning results without the need for post-processing. Mavic 3 Cine goes one step further, offering support for Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding. Second, the tele lens of the dual-camera system supports Explore mode for 28x hybrid zoom, allowing you to see more of your environment and plan shots with ease.
The video called it hybrid zoom

Reactions: Beamie and Droniac
So the smart controller is $1200 as a separate item.

That's more than the iPhone 13 Pro Max.

The store doesn't list additional batteries as separate items if you buy them individually.

So $800 more for the Fly More kit gets you 2 additional batteries, a bag, ND filters and additional props.

Wow the chutzpah.

Battery is showing at $209.

I don't see too many people buying this drone at that price, specially when the Air 2S is so capable for less than half of the price. Only photographers, videographers and people with deep pocket will hit it, or people like us DJI FAN BOYS !!!!

I will be getting it but not yet. I need to save money and wait until bugs are fix. (money is more excuse) XD

Hummmm - claimed 46 minute flight time.... in the fine print that was until the battery was at "0".

Unless they have a new type of battery running them to zero more than a few times will be extremely detrimental to the longevity of the battery.

Pretty pricey, but looks like a nice rig.

• Wow
Reactions: KB3H and Droniac
I purchased the drone on Amazon since I have the Amazon credit card which gives me 5% cash back. Amazon doesnt seem to have spare batteries or DJI care refresh. Has anyone purchased drone and care refresh in different places? Is it just a digital purchase? Can I buy the Care refresh I get the drone delivered?

I will be getting it but not yet. I need to save money and wait until bugs are fix. (money is more excuse) XD
This!
and the fact that DJI has a bad habit of dropping "pro" or improved models within a year of the new model.
They've got me with 2 drones now (Mini & Air2) they aint getting me with 3. I'll wait to see what comes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25