DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 now available (more details inside)

Anyone notice the Pinch Zoom on the SC , nice added feature , but its very sad that the old SC will not work with this .
I feel a little sick , 🤕 Be interesting to see who delivers quicker DJI or Amazon.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Drone Master
Unless DJI has it with an authorized dealer Amazon is king!!

Still available at Best Buy

Still available at Best Buy
When i went to make the purchase on Best Buy it said it was out of Stock but not until than. Amazon got my order and DJI both. You know I always get 2 of everything. :)

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: zeusfl
You got to hand it to DJI what they’ve been able to do with this drone. When I heard the correct leaked specs I was very skeptical.

The only issue now is going to be the control app. The Fly app just isn’t set up to be a professional control application so it’s going to require a lot of development on DJI’s part which they are notoriously bad at.

I noticed the from the videos that the Battery does not have a good Click lock. Seems everyone has to push to make sure it latched. UGH, I see some disconnect coming soon.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , and Capture the Storm.

• Wow
Reactions: projectarjun
I took an advantage of Best Buy total Tech. I had it for 8 months and will be buying a M3 since it comes with free 2 years of protection

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
This will be the first DJI consumer drone that I will not be buying. Too expensive plus a loss of trust in DJI.

Reactions: merak75
I wonder if they've improved the SC2 compass so that it actually works?

Reactions: Droniac
So how do 2 batteries, bag, extra propellers and the ND filter kit add up to the $800 difference between the base and the Fly More combo?

Fly More Items Not Included in Base Priced Individually-
2 batteries @209 USD $418.00
3 extra pairs of props @19 USD $57.00
ND Filter set (4, 8, 16, 32) USD $179.00
Battery Charging Hub USD $89
Convertible Carrying Case USD $319
Total - $1,062.00 USD

Fly More cost ($2999) - Base cost ($2199) is $800. You save $262 USD. ("save" is relative here). Since most buy a hard case, you would be better off to forego the Fly More package (the case alone adds $319) and go with the base package and purchase the items you will actually use.

I don't see too many people buying this drone at that price, specially when the Air 2S is so capable for less than half of the price. Only photographers, videographers and people with deep pocket will hit it, or people like us DJI FAN BOYS !!!!

I will be getting it but not yet. I need to save money and wait until bugs are fix. (money is more excuse) XD
I don’t trip because I don’t rush. I don’t feel rushed to pull the trigger yet. I’ll listen and watch and see post January. Nice upgrades no doubt. Certainly paying for them. But the SC not being compatible put my brakes on as it simply … irked me lol. Rush. Why? I’m happy with my M2P for my needs and enjoyment. Being More certain of specs v function will tell my tale. Godspeed, Droniac

One year refresh policy is now $239. Two year is $399
Off premises insurance for 20k should cover it on my end. I’m leary about DJI refresh. I’ve noted many times where pilots with damaged birds didn’t feel so refreshed. Negotiating the percentage you pay to repair, full replacement, examine how it all happened verification, blood type, mothers maiden name? Makes me uncomfortable. I’m certain others think it’s wonderful and that’s cool. Just my take. Godspeed, Droniac

This!
and the fact that DJI has a bad habit of dropping "pro" or improved models within a year of the new model.
They've got me with 2 drones now (Mini & Air2) they aint getting me with 3. I'll wait to see what comes.
M2P will be next to go bye bye soon. Imo

I'm looking forward to price drops as soon as the inflation, supply chain woes, and US-China ties are mended ;)

I'm looking forward to price drops as soon as the inflation, supply chain woes, and US-China ties are mended ;)
All good things, but DJI doesn't normally drop prices until newer drone models are released.

All good things, but DJI doesn't normally drop prices until newer drone models are released.
The current global situation may be an exception this time around, but I can only keep my fingers crossed 🤣 and hope for some price drop late next year. The Mavic 2 didn't cost this much at launch. $3000 for the Fly More combo kit is ridiculously expensive to be honest. DJI should have kept the Mavic 2 on the market with an update to its camera; to wedge in that model between the Air 2S and Mavic 3. Sometimes a little larger foam factor is better. I get it -- DJI wanted their flagship to stand out. Now we have the DJI Mini 2 (Mini 3 rumored to be in the works), Air 2S, and Mavic 3. Its a quite a large gap between the Air 2S and Mavic 3 at this point. I find it that having two drones is better than one. With the Mavic 2 no longer in production, I might have just have to hold onto my Mavic Pro 1 just a little longer. The Air 2S is a great mid-range drone, but sometimes, the Mavic 2 & 3 foam factor is preferred.

I don’t trip because I don’t rush. I don’t feel rushed to pull the trigger yet. I’ll listen and watch and see post January. Nice upgrades no doubt. Certainly paying for them. But the SC not being compatible put my brakes on as it simply … irked me lol. Rush. Why? I’m happy with my M2P for my needs and enjoyment. Being More certain of specs v function will tell my tale. Godspeed, Droniac
Rightfully said @Droniac :D

• Love
Reactions: Droniac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin.macdonald