DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro landings

swadrvr

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all,

I currently own a Mavic 1 and I’m seriously thinking about buying a Mavic 3 Pro. I’ve heard a few comments about the 3 pro in regards to its landings, some people say it lands very hard or abrupt, to the point where they feel hand landings are necessary, (which I’m not a big fan of). I would like to ask any of you that own the 3 pro is this a true statement? My Mavic 1 lands very softly. Appreciate any and all comments from 3 pro owners.

My experience has been the Mavic 3 lands like a pig, it's not clean and I'm not sure why since all of my other drones seem to float. But it's not a problem and I don't see it causing any problems and I certainly don't intend to try to hand catch the drones because you're not saving it from anything and only increasing the risk to yourself.

Reactions: Torque
I’ve heard a few comments about the 3 pro in regards to its landings, some people say it lands very hard or abrupt, to the point where they feel hand landings are necessary
To clarify, are you only referring to automated landings?

I should probably take a video. Also I should mention I don't have the OEM props that came on this drone installed.

Usually land the M3 on my hand, but the few times I've landed it on the ground/table didn't seem to have any problem.

My experience has been the Mavic 3 lands like a pig, it's not clean and I'm not sure why since all of my other drones seem to float.
Like a pig? Please describe what you find deficient.

My Mavic 3 Pro and the Mavic 3 before it behave during landing just like the other five DJI models I've flown. No curly tail, oinks, or snorts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne