DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2’s are unexplainably falling from the sky

I have flown over 100 flights, and never had an issue. I also use UAV forecast. I never chance it unless conditions are right, and I have at least 12 satellites locked. Remember humidity higher up and temp play a big role at 300 ft. Even if it’s 90 outside and very humid, I don’ t go up. Even if UAV says safe to fly. That’s just my opinion, and so far flawless from the ma2

Reactions: Slade and dgarside
as per a previous thread. Too many people buy these things and then go and fly them...without ever downloading and reading the manual. Their drone then does something they didn’t expect, and they think it’s a fault. Read the instructions. They might be easy to fly, but they are also pretty complicated devices with a lot of room for error by the flyer.

Let’s remember that these are plastic toys with cameras
I like to call it a "personal recreational photography device" ?

I can't call anything that costs $1000, a toy.

... okok, fiiine, $700 blah blah whatever for the hull only...

Still just can't call it a toy

Reactions: Slade
I like to call it a "personal recreational photography device" ?

I can't call anything that costs $1000, a toy.

... okok, fiiine, $700 blah blah whatever for the hull only...

Still just can't call it a toy

The point is moot. It's not a toy if you are using it for a purpose, even if just photography, unless we are going to regard all cameras as toys too.

I have flown over 100 flights, and never had an issue. I also use UAV forecast. I never chance it unless conditions are right, and I have at least 12 satellites locked. Remember humidity higher up and temp play a big role at 300 ft. Even if it’s 90 outside and very humid, I don’ t go up. Even if UAV says safe to fly. That’s just my opinion, and so far flawless from the ma2
What's humidity got to do with it?

Living in FL, I would end up returning my drone if I didn't fly in humid weather. It's usually about 105% humidity here lol.

Check my video in the above post

I have been flying mine in quite a few different heights, distances and in different wind conditions and have been very happy with its response. I have not even experienced a signal loss so far. I even did something I had never ever done before. I accidentally left the gimbal cover on and flew it out to sea 40 feet high and 200 feet out. It was acting erratically so I brought it back and only when I saw it come in near the landing spot did I see what I had done. I was still able to land it properly albeit it was wobbling a bit, get it turned off and remove the gimbal cover, fire it back up and have a 20+ minute flight with no glitches. Under the circumstances, I'd say the MA2 handles pretty well so far. The only problem I have had has been with me.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Were flying the Air 2 in the Pouring rain from inside the Car with a Wet Suit across the lake , and abusing the RTH home sequence over 20 times in a single flight

Were smashing it into the wind to determine when the Gimbal is going to flip up.

Were Dropping it from 600 Ft straight down and slamming on the breaks to see how it reacts.

Were taking off with low battery warnings

So far no failure Points , but lots of warnings

Will post the video soon as we complete our Tests but its seems pretty solid but as we seasoned pilots know that can all change with a bad update.
So were careful to watch for that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Air 2 in and out of the storm.
Coal

Where is the bait? I posted 4 videos and a thread from this forum. All of which stating their MA2 malfunctioned and crashed. As a MA2 owner all of this is concerning and its a trend that I didn’t see when the mavic 2 or mavic air came out. So all of you in here think I’m wrong. Fine. but there’s no bait between the title of this thread and it’s contents
No lol it's definitely a proper clickbait title. Hell, every drone launch including the forementioned units has vids like this so you just not been watching very closely. Did you even watch the vids? Guy taking off and trying to land in bad area, another flat out admits it was his fault, and so on. Sure things can happen but this thread is just dramatic. 100000s of MA2 out there and yet it's the end of the world due to a few vids of "pilots" not using their brains.

Were flying the Air 2 in the Pouring rain from inside the Car with a Wet Suit across the lake , and abusing the RTH home sequence over 20 times in a single flight

Were smashing it into the wind to determine when the Gimbal is going to flip up.

Were Dropping it from 600 Ft straight down and slamming on the breaks to see how it reacts.

Were taking off with low battery warnings

So far no failure Points , but lots of warnings

Will post the video soon as we complete our Tests but its seems pretty solid but as we seasoned pilots know that can all change with a bad update.
So were careful to watch for that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Air 2 in and out of the storm.
Coal

I wanna see this...

I have had a Mavic pro for the past two years and have not even scratched a prop blade. I bought the Mavic Air 2 for the advanced Quick shot features/ smaller size, additional safety feature... etc. and think it's a great bird too. It seems like some folk do their best to fly their drones in a way that is always pushing it's limits. Distance tests, flights around high magnetic objects/towers, flying too low, flying in tight spaces.....it's like they are asking for trouble...it's no wonder they crashing more often.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Weird, because I pay attention and have not been under the impression that there is an epidemic of Air 2’s falling out of the air.

If you search “defective x(name of any drone)”, you will find instances of those drones being defective...

For every report of a problem drone, there are 10,000 people out quietly flying perfect performing drones...

You can get the impression that there is a broad problem with something on the internet because only people who HAVE a problem are compelled to report.

I just flew my Air 2 without event. It never occurred to me to post a topic about it here.. Get it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR