DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 crash in seA

Not to sure how many threads there are about drones being lost in the Jungle.
Drones get lost every week over suburbs, farmland, in a single tall tree in a park or garden, on high roofs etc, not just jungle

Its always the water because people are drawn to the Water and not the Jungle of Trees, Not me ever.
The Water is the Magnet , the Magnet is the Water,
It's always water, drones are drawn to water?
That's just ridiculous, but what someone that wants to encourage an unrealistic fear about flying over water would say.

Drones get lost every week over suburbs, farmland, in a single tall tree in a park or garden etc, not just jungle

That's just ridiculous, but what someone that wants to encourage an unrealistic fear about flying over water would say.

You miss quoted me: People are drawn to Water . Very few threads about drone lost in trees, farms, and jungle.

As a matter of fact the last one that I remember being posted they shot it down with a bow , yep ... than we have the guy on the bridge , who got a Fireman to get it down, yep. Than we have the guy on the roof recently who found a guy with a tall ladder to get his down, the list is endless on those , I know because I have posts on all of them.

But when it comes to the water , there are quite a few posts where there is no happy ending including this one.

I think its fair to say getting your drone back from the water is little harder and the price more steep.

You dont have to Fear the Water , but you do have to pay the reaper. :oops: ☠️

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Pouring Rain and Float On Water.

Last edited:
Drones get lost every week over suburbs, farmland, in a single tall tree in a park or garden, on high roofs etc, not just jungle

There is a fair difference between losing a drone on land and losing a drone in a lake or sea. If my drone crash on land ( and of course there are lands are accessible without dangers) I would like to take it back , even in hundred pieces ( so I could do the proper ceremony ?). But if I lose my drone in the water, I am not a diver, and I will just walk around miserable thinking about my drone get rusty and covered by sand somewhere at the bottom of the water. I didn't have a chance to say a proper goodbye ?.
What I am talking about? Am I nuts? It is just a gadget... ?

There is a fair difference between losing a drone on land and losing a drone in a lake or sea.
Recovery can be difficult anywhere.
But despite all the fear nervous flyers might have, flying over water is no riskier than flying over land.
From my experience, I consider it safer flying over water because there are no obstacles out there.

Reactions: Kola and GadgetGuy
Despite efforts to scare new flyers, that's not the case.
I've flown almost 4000 miles over the sea and know from extensive experience that it is no more risky than flying over land.
There are no risks flying above water that you won't face flying over land.

Exactly, it’s where it may land that’s the problem. There are far fewer things to fly into over water than land.

Reactions: Pietros and Meta4
Exactly, it’s where it may land that’s the problem. There are far fewer things to fly into over water than land.

I have a lot of flights and not once did i fly into a tree or building or a house or a plane but I have lost Two Phantom 4 to the lake ERIE grave . I watched them take there final breath , one looked right at me and said im sorry.

I know the Pain of loosing the Drone to the Lake, but flying into an obstacle not to likely since we fly VLOS and getting it back easy..peasy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone over the Water and Remote land .

I've flown almost 4000 miles over the sea and know from extensive experience that it is no more risky than flying over land.
I agree , its actually safer as there are no telephone or power lines to avoid and the flat surface guaranties superior field of view and line of sight

Reactions: MA2 317
Got to argue that one Meta4.... Flying over land you can't sink your drone!

It's an irrational fear that's confusing you.
Your drone is no more likely to come down over water than it is on land.
I did not say it is more likely to come down over water than is is on land...

I said if it does go down on the water it SINKS thus leaving you with no carcass which would especially
come in handy if you were to make a claim with DJI care.

So just to be clear, odds are pretty much the same until you crash, and if you happen to be over water when crashing it's gone forever

Back to matter at hand.

Perhaps an AC only can be found at a discount somewhere. DJI might even be able to sell one.

.... i was at abit lower height so i tried to press upward insted i was pressing down and it got crashed into sea. I thought sensor would work but it didnt .....

The sensors should work. I have tested it with my M2P many times over water. It wont go straight into the water even if the up/down stick is held fully down. The craft will descend until it is one meter above the water surface. Then it will stop there for about 2 seconds to ponder if you really want to land. If the stick is still held fully down, it will proceed to landing , ie , go into the water. If the stick is released within 2 seconds, it will not descend any further. That's the normal behaviour.

If you can post the flight log, the reason can be identified with better confidence.

Last edited:
I did not say it is more likely to come down over water than is is on land...

I said if it does go down on the water it SINKS thus leaving you with no carcass which would especially
come in handy if you were to make a claim with DJI care.

So just to be clear, odds are pretty much the same until you crash, and if you happen to be over water when crashing it's gone forever
Drones lost over water can be recovered, too. Depending upon the depth, as long as you know the location, you can swim or dive to retrieve them. I've "lost" two drones in saltwater, and both were recoverable. One I retrieved. The other wasn't worth the trouble, as it wasn't insured, and there was no useable footage on the microSD card.

Reactions: iamcostas
Drones lost over water can be recovered, too. Depending upon the depth, as long as you know the location, you can swim or dive to retrieve them. I've "lost" two drones in saltwater, and both were recoverable. One I retrieved. The other wasn't worth the trouble, as it wasn't insured, and there was no useable footage on the microSD card.
Sorry... I couldn't resist ?

Attachments

• 3f2f72c0-6820-413f-a347-173d330d27ed.jpg
    3f2f72c0-6820-413f-a347-173d330d27ed.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 13
Wow, what a thread.

O.P. loses drone to Davey Jones locker due to pilot error and recovery discussions pop up.

Of all the accessories a drone pilot needs to have at their disposal, three contacts come to mind on the emergency call list.

1) An Arborist to get it from the tree.

2) A rock climber that has ropes and stuff to get it from the ledge.

3) A scuba diver for those pesky water rescues.

Keep an eye on the drone, not your phone.

Fly safe. :)

Just need to call International Rescue. Thunderbird 4 for water recovery, Thunderbird 2 for trees or buildings and mountains.

Reactions: Pietros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman