DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 disconnects from rc when taking a photo/video

Cruachan

Reactions
I have just bought a used mavic air 2 and all works as it should but when i take a photo or video i get a warning that it has lost connection from controller to mobile device this shows twice and the picture goes black and white then returns to normal. Is this an issue with the drone or the controller. as I have just bought the drone I would like to get to the bottom of it in case I need to return it.
I have tried changing all photo and video settings, new firmware update as well as DJI fly updated. Tried changing dual broadcast settings and have been flying for more than 4 years with minis, inspires etc so know the brand fairly well.
I have now had a lost connection from controller to aircraft, i managed to bring it down but had no left right forward or back controll, it also drifted sideways and did a soft landing..
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Have you tried a different SD card?

Hi thanks for getting back, I tried a couple and tried it without any using its own memory but just the same. Its around 75% of the time it does it, tried pointing straight at it and away but no change. When using Hyperlapse it is around 40% of photos it gives the message. It was the total loss between drone and controller that has left me apprehensive to say the least.. I am going to see if I can find out how to download the log files and try and work it out from there as well..

... i get a warning that it has lost connection from controller to mobile device...
The message says "controller to mobile device"

So this have nothing to do with a connection interruption between the craft & controller... meaning, you should still be able to steer the drone & command RTH.

The problem should be somewhere between the controller's usb connection via the cable, into the usb port on the mobile device, over to the app & device.

Check both usb ports (controller & mobile device), check or try with other usb cables... & your mobile device, is it up for the job with running the FLY app? Have you tried to turn off video & photo caching in the app... I mean, it sounds like the phone hogs down just when you video or take photos (there low res cache files are created on the mobile device putting extra strain on the device). It might be as simple as that the device can't handle the load & crash the app (& with that the live view stops), try with another mobile device & see if it works or if the problem repeats even on that.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks Slup, I will try another mobile as soon as the weather improves, I have used the same mobile with fly installed on my mini with no issues at all ever for over 3 years. The cable I am using was new and never been used but will try and source another.
I did get a controller to craft issue where it would only allow me to drop alltitude very slowly with no ther control at all.
Any idea how I can download the flight logs ?
Many thanks

Hi all, well I tried a different mobile and it worked faultlessly, I just panicked when I tried with a device i was familiar with and my thoughts were that it must be the drone but thanks to the advise given my problems are resolved .. many thanks its appreciated ...

Reactions: slup
Hi all, well I tried a different mobile and it worked faultlessly, I just panicked when I tried with a device i was familiar with and my thoughts were that it must be the drone but thanks to the advise given my problems are resolved .. many thanks its appreciated ...
HI....I have following this, Glad you got a resolution. My Question ?? You said "I tried a different mobile" what do you mean by a different Mobile..???? a different Drone? and not the one you had the problem with? please explain. Thank you for posting.

You said "I tried a different mobile" what do you mean by a different Mobile..???? a different Drone? and not the one you had the problem

He used a newer (mobile) phone, something with a better operating platform to fly with.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas