DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 falls to the Ocean!

Sorrello

Reactions
I’m on the beach the weather is perfect hardly any wind. Great flying conditions. I get my air 2 up and 47 sec later it crashes straight into the ocean. I didn’t even see it fall as I was looking at DJI fly app to change from video to camera mode. It was only after speaking with other beach goers that I had found out it had crashed. Swam out to see if I could find it but it’s like trying to find a needle in an ocean!
Looked at the flight log and to begin with it said vision sensors were blocked but to fly with caution. 17 satellites connected. 75% battery with 22 mins left in flight time. Then aircraft not connected to RC comes up. That’s when my drone must of plummeted to the water. Do you think I have a case of drone/RC malfunction and can get a replacement from DJI?

I’m on the beach the weather is perfect hardly any wind. Great flying conditions. I get my air 2 up and 47 sec later it crashes straight into the ocean. I didn’t even see it fall as I was looking at DJI fly app to change from video to camera mode. It was only after speaking with other beach goers that I had found out it had crashed. Swam out to see if I could find it but it’s like trying to find a needle in an ocean!
Looked at the flight log and to begin with it said vision sensors were blocked but to fly with caution. 17 satellites connected. 75% battery with 22 mins left in flight time. Then aircraft not connected to RC comes up. That’s when my drone must of plummeted to the water. Do you think I have a case of drone/RC malfunction and can get a replacement from DJI?
Welcome to the forum and sorry about your crash.
Download your files and someone can help you.

Welcome to the forum and sorry about your crash.
Download your files and someone can help you.
What is really odd is that I was flying in Tripod mode. Supposedly the most stable flight mode there is. If Atti did activate then it has definitely killed my drone. The return to home feature failed to activate and now I’m almost au$2000 out of pocket ☹️☹️☹️☹️

What is really odd is that I was flying in Tripod mode. Supposedly the most stable flight mode there is. If Atti did activate then it has definitely killed my drone. The return to home feature failed to activate and now I’m almost au$2000 out of pocket ☹☹☹☹

Just yesterday another MA2 owner lost the drone because of motor failure. There can be a million reasons for drones to drop out of the sky but switching to ATTI mode is definitely NOT among the reasons. As suggested posting the flight log will allow some light to be shed on the case. Right now it's all guessing.

What is really odd is that I was flying in Tripod mode. Supposedly the most stable flight mode there is.
It doesn't matter how stable your flight mode is, the drone won't stay up in the air if it loses power.
ps .. Tripod mode is just as stable as all other flight modes, it just has limited speed and turn rates.
If Atti did activate then it has definitely killed my drone.
Atti mode never killed any drone.
Being in atti mode just means the drone isn't receiving satellite signals.
What is really odd is that I was flying in Tripod mode. Supposedly the most stable flight mode there is.
If Atti did activate then it has definitely killed my drone.
The return to home feature failed to activate
RTH doesn't have a submarine mode.
If you want to get some idea what might have happened or be able to eliminate some of the things people might guess, we need to see the recorded flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Just yesterday another MA2 owner lost the drone because of motor failure. There can be a million reasons for drones to drop out of the sky but switching to ATTI mode is definitely NOT among the reasons. As suggested posting the flight log will allow some light to be shed on the case. Right now it's all guessing.
Ok I think I’ve downloaded the flight log. Do I just put it up on here in its normal form?

Here’s the log. What does everyone think?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-09-24_[11-03-00].txt
    584.6 KB · Views: 71
It doesn't matter how stable your flight mode is, the drone won't stay up in the air if it loses power.
ps .. Tripod mode is just as stable as all other flight modes, it just has limited speed and turn rates.

Atti mode never killed any drone.
Being in atti mode just means the drone isn't receiving satellite signals.

RTH doesn't have a submarine mode.
If you want to get some idea what might have happened or be able to eliminate some of the things people might guess, we need to see the recorded flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
I'd like to see it. 2 going down in 2 days is crazy

Here’s the log. What does everyone think?
Your data looks like this: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Nice place to go flying btw.
The data shows your drone hovering 47 metres up for 20 seconds and the data just stops with the drone in a stable hover.
Battery level was fine and the pitch, roll and yaw data show no disturbance to the drone.

It looks like a sudden total power loss and there's only one way that kind of incident ends.
It could have been caused by an improperly latched battery coming loose or a random hardware fault.
Without the wreckage for DJI to investigate, it's going to be difficult to go far with this one but you could try with DJI ... sometimes people have been lucky.

• Wow
Reactions: slk
The data shows your drone hovering 47 metres up for 20 seconds and the data just stops with the drone in a stable hover.
Battery level was fine and the pitch, roll and yaw data show no disturbance to the drone.

It looks like a sudden total power loss and there's only one way that kind of incident ends.
It could have been caused by an improperly latched battery coming loose or a random hardware fault.
Without the wreckage for DJI to investigate, it's going to be difficult to go far with this one but you could try with DJI ... sometimes people have been lucky.
I was hovering because I want to take a nice pic. It was not in the 48 meg shot so I was changing it over. Then I look back in the sky and it’s gone!

That sucks man. So it just hovered itself to death and went swimming?

Ok I flew the drone the previous day with the same battery from 100%. It flew flawlessly. Put in back in its case and then did not fly again til the fatal crash. Battery was definitely in place. Just have to hope that DJI help me out. I believe I did nothing wrong

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ