DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 firmware 1.00.0511 released

Not had any problems with the latest app & drone FW. Curious as to why you crashed if you were restarting the app, the RC would still be connected to the drone, which means, assuming you left the sticks alone, it would just hover in place.
I was bringing the drone down to get a better shot when the app went black,
The drone kept descending even though i wasn't touching the sticks
As soon as the app opened again i tried to take the drone back up but it was too close to a tree and it crashed into it

Just looked for it. 87GB? Wow, great for data users who choose to update out in the field.
mmmmm thats not correct it would not fit on the drone !!!!

I was bringing the drone down to get a better shot when the app went black,
The drone kept descending even though i wasn't touching the sticks
As soon as the app opened again i tried to take the drone back up but it was too close to a tree and it crashed into it
Stuck RC stick perhaps? RC recalibration may help prevent that.
This is why DJI should let us access the AC's logs.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
Regarding those batteries, how are you updating them individually in DJI Assistant?
Very similar to post #29. Once I finish the initial drone/battery update, I swap batteries and run it again...only this time it only updates the battery (it knows the drone is up-to-date).

Sorry to hear so many are having issues. I installed the latest firmware on my MA2 controller then the aircraft using DJI Assistant 2. I'm running Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0511 Remote Controller: v02.00.1200 and DJI Fly App iOS: v1.2.2 . The firmware download and installation went smoothly with no notice of batteries needing to be updated. I'll connect the aircraft to the DJI Assistance 2 with the other 3 batteries I have just to make sure they're all updated, but I've already flown through all 4 at least twice since this past Friday with no request for updating. I flew around our local flying field, shot a couple of hyperlapse videos, some photos, tested the zoom feature, did a couple of quick shots and even flew out to the cliff line 2-miles away and back. Coming back was into the wind no less and the new attitude indicator performed as expected. Had absolutely no problems or issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: StantonZ
But the problem is they don't seem to be testing the interaction between the firmware updates and the app updates. I had to do a "rollback" on the iPhone app prior to 1.2.2 (due to AC firmware issues)...and it's a major pain. It's getting to the point where I don't want to run any updates until I see verification from the community that they haven't "broken" anything.

My rule is don't update unless I need some feature or bug fix. Even then, I wait until others have posted their experiences. I fly over water, from a boat most of my time. No room for error.

Updated both aircraft and controller with no issues, fly's as good as it did fresh out of the box. I've flown 5, 23minute flights since the updates. Man I love this thing!

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
This firmware update almost bricked my MA2 this morning.

Prepping for my first flight, the app told me there was a firmware update. I let it do its thing. After it reached 99%, the drone rebooted. Shortly after, the app told me that the upload had failed and the FW version being displayed on the phone was now 00.00.0000.

I tried clearing the app FW cache but it wouldn't let me reinstall the firmware. I started to panic a little bit then remembered the DJI Assistant 2 program was available for download. I quickly installed it on my Mac and with fingers crossed, clicked on the refresh firmware button. After a few minutes, the upload had succeeded and the app now reflected the latest version.

Oddly, the first firmware update I did was yesterday evening, and that went through without a hitch. And just a few minutes ago, the app updated one of my batteries which also was successful. So I don't know what happened with this latest firmware, but if you run into something like what happened to me, try with the Assistant 2 program.
It happened to me as well. After updating through phone-rc-ac procedure I got a failed message and after one two refresh the update was successful... but with the 00.00.0000 firmware!! I as well followed the dji assistant procedure to be sure. Everything is up and running now.

Except for slight hiccup on the battery no. 2 firmware update, I have not experienced any issues on the new MA2 firmware update 0511.

I flew the MA2 immediately after the firmware update and for an additional 14 times (day and also night) already to date.

Yes my DJI Fly app keeps closing sometimes mid flight after the latest app update,
I've updated the app, aircraft and batteries
This happened to me twice with the previous firmware. I believe it is not a firmware issue. My solution to that is that before every flight you have to reboot the phone so the phone's cache memory is clean.

In this video here, there is described a new feature "hyperlapse cruise control" that can be mapped to the function button of the stock controller.

I have the Smart Controller with the recent firmware including Fly App 1.2.2, but I do not have the option for cruise control available when I want to set the bindings for the C1/C2 buttons.
Can someone confirm this? Is this feature available only in some regions of the world, or generally not on the SC?

In this video here, there is described a new feature "hyperlapse cruise control" that can be mapped to the function button of the stock controller.

I have the Smart Controller with the recent firmware including Fly App 1.2.2, but I do not have the option for cruise control available when I want to set the bindings for the C1/C2 buttons.
Can someone confirm this? Is this feature available only in some regions of the world, or generally not on the SC?
Only iOS devices at moment

Reactions: AnGo
What are y'all talking about with updating batteries? How does that work with multiple batteries?

What are y'all talking about with updating batteries? How does that work with multiple batteries?
FW updates to the drone often have an associated FW update for the batteries. The one that is in the drone during its update gets updated at the same time. Any other batteries will need to be installed into the drone, upon which you will be prompted from within the DJI Fly app that they need a FW update.

Regarding the 2nd RTH, whereupon starts if the first RTH under 50m encounters an obstacle:
Has anyone confirmed what happens if the drone is immediately in front of an obstacle at the beginning of the initial RTH initiation?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman