Mavic Air 2 firmware 1.00.0511 released

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
New firmware has been released for the Mavic Air 2. Here’s a complete list of changes:
  • Added cruise control for Free mode in Hyperlapse.

Note: Requires DJI Fly v1.2.2 or later for iOS version. Support for Android version will be added later

• Optimized RTH. If the aircraft is at a distance of 5 m to 50 m from the Home Point when RTH is initiated, the aircraft adjusts its orientation and flies to the Home Point at the current altitude.
The official release notes document is available on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I don't know about this, the last update 1.2.2 was a disaster.

Hmmm... I don't know about this, the last update 1.2.2 was a disaster.

I think that was for the Fly app.

This is for the aircraft.

I already installed the new A/C firmware update 0511

There is also a new update for the battery firmware. Currently doing this ;)

UPDATE: Just finished updating the firmware on battery nos 1 and 3. I don't understand why there was no prompt to update the firmware on battery no. 2. Will try again and see.

Also, the A/C firmware update and the battery firmware update go hand in hand. There is a warning that if you do not update the battery firmware, this may cause some problems.

Last edited:
AH HA!! Nevermind.

UPDATE: Just finished updating the firmware on battery nos 1 and 3. I don't understand why there was no prompt to update the firmware on battery no. 2. Will try again and see.

Also, the A/C firmware update and the battery firmware update go hand in hand. There is a warning that if you do not update the battery firmware, this may cause some problems.
So I will get notification to upgrade the firmware?

Was it battery #2 that you installed the complete firmware? If so, the battery was updated at the same time as the AC.

Assuming it was say battery #1 that you used to install the AC firmware, sometimes it takes restarting the app to trigger updating the additional battery.

But the problem is they don't seem to be testing the interaction between the firmware updates and the app updates. I had to do a "rollback" on the iPhone app prior to 1.2.2 (due to AC firmware issues)...and it's a major pain. It's getting to the point where I don't want to run any updates until I see verification from the community that they haven't "broken" anything.

This update is a complete joke. Just updated my Air 2. The anti-collision shortcut button on the left side of the main screen disappeared, and the "4K Zoom" mode disappeared from the video options. I can't zoom in while in 4K anymore, as 4K Wide doesn't allow digital zoom.

How can I quickly downgrade with DJI Assistant? Do I need to downgrade both drone and controller manually? What about the battery?

Reactions: A.O.
This update is a complete joke. Just updated my Air 2. The anti-collision shortcut button on the left side of the main screen disappeared, and the "4K Zoom" mode disappeared from the video options. I can't zoom in while in 4K anymore, as 4K Wide doesn't allow digital zoom.

How can I quickly downgrade with DJI Assistant? Do I need to downgrade both drone and controller manually? What about the battery?
Good to know

For Android users there is one additional bullet - "The DJI Fly v1.2.2 for Android version needs to be downloaded from dji.com.". Why not just say it requires the version 1.2.2 from the app store? Is DJI anticipating Google Play will be banning the app in the future, I can't imagine why.

1609177807048.png

Was it battery #2 that you installed the complete firmware? If so, the battery was updated at the same time as the AC.

Assuming it was say battery #1 that you used to install the AC firmware, sometimes it takes restarting the app to trigger updating the additional battery.
I exited and restarted the app prior to updating each battery. Will check again later if battery no. 2 will update its firmware.

"Optimized RTH. If the aircraft is at a distance of 5 m to 50 m from the Home Point when RTH is initiated, the aircraft adjusts its orientation and flies to the Home Point at the current altitude."

The first time I flew my MA2, also as a beginner drone operator, I was still in the process of learning all the features - especially RTH. On a mid-week morning I went to a local empty park with a large open baseball field that had a row of large trees on one side. I wasn't planning on flying more than 100' up as this was my first time with a drone - I really just planned on takeoffs and hover 10' to 50' above the ground and fly the deserted baseball diamond to practice the stick controls... so as several YT videos I'd watched told me to do I set the RTH height at 150'. After about 50 minutes of flying on two batteries I was ready to call it but was curious at about the RTH... my MA2 was about 30' or so from me and 6' off the ground. I pushed the RTH button expecting it to come slowly straight towards me at about head level... instead to my shock and near heart attack, it shot straight up into the air heading to the 150' height I'd previously set and forgotten about. I thought for a moment it was the so called dreaded "flyaway" event that I'd heard of in some YT videos, then I remembered the RTH setting and hit the controller button to cancel and stop the ascent. Luckily I had not been under those park's trees as I would have definitely flown right up into them before I could have reacted. I guess DJI made the change from newbies like me ?... Thanks ?

I exited and restarted the app prior to updating each battery. Will check again later if battery no. 2 will update its firmware.
You misunderstood. The battery that was in the aircraft during the aircraft fw update was automatically updated at the same time. Only the other batteries have to be separately updated.

Reactions: Drone alone.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe