DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 firmware 1.00.0511 released

Is there a 'best practice' regarding updating the firmware through the Fly app or through DJI Assistant 2? From reading comments here, it seems that some prefer one over the other but that generally either is recommended equally. I'm moving from the Phantom 3 era to a Mavic Air 2 and clearly things are a ton easier now than they were back then. (We had to put the new firmware on the SD card and put that into the Phantom to do an update.)

So, what thoughts do you guys have on this? Is either using the Fly app or DJI Assistant better or are both equal?

Thanks for the thoughts and for all of the advice that you all share on this forum!
Chris

Is there a 'best practice' regarding updating the firmware through the Fly app or through DJI Assistant 2? From reading comments here, it seems that some prefer one over the other but that generally either is recommended equally. I'm moving from the Phantom 3 era to a Mavic Air 2 and clearly things are a ton easier now than they were back then. (We had to put the new firmware on the SD card and put that into the Phantom to do an update.)

So, what thoughts do you guys have on this? Is either using the Fly app or DJI Assistant better or are both equal?

Thanks for the thoughts and for all of the advice that you all share on this forum!
Chris
I've always used the app, never had a problem.

I've owned the Spark since its release in 2017 and now the MA2 since August 2020.

All of my updates in both aircraft have been successful with the Wi-Fi.

I downloaded the Assistant but never had to use it for diagnostics or updates during that time.

The Spark was tricky because you had to use the home Wi-Fi to download the update, and then switch to the Spark Wi-Fi to install the update onto the Spark.

I called it the Wi-Fi dance.

Lucky I guess. ?

Reactions: RobertR
I’ve only flown once after the app and firmware updates. I had no issues with the updates including all three batteries and the remote. But after this update I got ten GPS signal weak switching to attitude mode warnings in just a ten minute flight. The bird flew no problems and didn’t appear to actually be switching as there was zero drift. She stopped and hovered just like normal when I told it to. I kept watching the gps signal indicator and it was always around 15 to 16. When I downloaded the flight I checked the gps signal it recorded and no sudden drops. It hardly fluctuated. I was flying over a frozen lake so very open sky. The bird operated like she always has (perfect) even with the warnings. I know this was just one flight. I‘ll try again when the weather gets better. I just have never had that warning ever flying my MA2 until the updates.

Reactions: MA2 317
You misunderstood. The battery that was in the aircraft during the aircraft fw update was automatically updated at the same time. Only the other batteries have to be separately updated.
And how other 2 batteries can be updated if I already updated aircraft and a remote control?

And how other 2 batteries can be updated if I already updated aircraft and a remote control?
One-by-one, put them in the MA2, boot it up, open the DJI Fly app. If it doesn’t already suggest Updating, press the “<“ arrow in the upper left and you should see a Notification if the battery needs updating. In the meantime, new firmware 01.01.0610 has been released.

Reactions: dawgpilot
One-by-one, put them in the MA2, boot it up, open the DJI Fly app. If it doesn’t already suggest Updating, press the “<“ arrow in the upper left and you should see a Notification if the battery needs updating. In the meantime, new firmware 01.01.0610 has been released.
Thanks for information, is it necessary update battery?

It’ll still work if you don‘t, but DJI is implementing new algorithms that they believe will improve battery health and longevity.

The drone will fly with a mismatched firmware, but to avoid issues, you really want to have everything updated to the same version.

Did anyone notice that in menu gone those options

Attachments

• A8AC9234-64D5-4415-9816-78011BF842DF.jpeg
    A8AC9234-64D5-4415-9816-78011BF842DF.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 23
Not able to do that anytime soon, but HERE’S A LINK from another thread that you can scroll down and see - looks just like mine - yours should look the same.

Not able to do that anytime soon, but HERE’S A LINK from another thread that you can scroll down and see - looks just like mine - yours should look the same.
Thanks for link, so it means that if I choose BYPASS it will overfly obstacle and going to crash? I mean even if I try fly into a tree or wall?

Attachments

• B4D62584-EB22-4FE9-B995-AA7F7770F489.jpeg
    B4D62584-EB22-4FE9-B995-AA7F7770F489.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 14
When the MA2 encounters an obstacle while in forward or backward flight:

If you choose Bypass the drone will attempt fly around the obstacle.

If you choose Brake the drone will stop and hover.

if you choose Off the drone will not detect any obstacle until it crashes into it.

When the MA2 encounters an obstacle while in forward or backward flight:

If you choose Bypass the drone will attempt fly around the obstacle.

If you choose Brake the drone will stop and hover.

if you choose Off the drone will not detect any obstacle until it crashes into it.
Thanks for information)

In the release notes it states that a number of the new functions require DJI Fly 1.2.4

As an iOS user has anyone seen the DJI Fly 1.2.4 update released yet. I’ve been looking every day as I know it can take a day or two? Nada.

In the release notes it states that a number of the new functions require DJI Fly 1.2.4

As an iOS user has anyone seen the DJI Fly 1.2.4 update released yet. I’ve been looking every day as I know it can take a day or two? Nada.
I just installed v1.2.4 for Android. Had to get the APK directly from DJI though. Can you do similar for iOS?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4