DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Help UK

SamuelAR

Reactions
Hello All,
I've been flying drones for a few years at the consumer end (first spark, then air) and was wondering wether or not i should sell my Air and get an air 2.

The only issue for me is the new eu regs.

My question is
a) do you think i should sell and get the new one (in the UK)
b) After the transitional period, if I got a A2 cofc licence would I be able to get closer than 150m from people/houses etc.

Thanks!

Reactions: old man mavic
welcome to the forum
the distancing is not just about having a A2 cofc you also need a drone with the correct classification that has the restricted air speed to allow it at this time the MA2 does not appear to have that,whether it gets it with an firmware update remains to be seen

So, for clarification, even if you have the A2 cofc certificate, your aircraft is still legacy and therefore imposed with the 150m rule.

I was just wondering if you have A2CofC then you have less limitations on legacy aircraft at all?

Thanks for the welcome, have been reading this forum for a long time but havent ever posted.

on further inspection of your question it appears that in order to comply with the close flying the RC will need a dedicated switch on it so it can physically turn on that mode that restricts its air speed to comply, so at this time it looks like the MA2 will become a legacy aircraft

Also, the CAA are pretty clear in that no drone can be retrospectively classified under the new C# rating.

So the Air 2 going on sale shortly, at least in its current state does not comply and will be ‘legacy’.

Personally it’s not the time to buy a new drone That doesn’t comply (or at least hasn’t been certified) with the new standards in the UK a matter of months before the law changes.

DJI must realise this however the model is ready, they need to make money so guess it’s understandable they are releasing before certifying.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe