DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 hit a tree, can someone help

tinman2207

Reactions
Embarrassed beginner here. First post.

First flight and blew it.
Drone ended up in small branches of a tree and a part has fallen off and I just can’t find it. No idea what it’s called but I’m guessing it’s going to interfere with my flying experience so is there anyone who knows if I can get a replacement part for what I’ve lost, please?

599F95DC-3B20-4CF9-BC4A-B23A30C75ED6.jpeg

Looks to me like the missing part is a rear landing gear. If that is all that is wrong, you got lucky. I’m sure one of the members that do repairs will tell you how you can order the part and effect the repair. It is there to keep the sensors off of the ground.

In the mean time you should be able to do a hand launch and recovery to fly until you get the part.

Welcome to the forum!

We’ve had some first posts describe how their Mavic flew away on its own, never to be found again. With your mishap, you can fly again right away, and laugh at this “learning experience” at a later time. Trees are drone magnets.

Here’s an eBay UK listing with the spare parts, but someone will reply with the best resources for spare parts in the UK. You’ve found the right place, so we’ll await the right answer soon...

Last edited:
So lucky to be looking for such a simple part but I am sure you can find it.

Good luck.

Reactions: tinman2207
Thanks for the replies, guys. So glad I found this forum. Think I’m going to need some great minds around me [emoji2]

It seems to be running and flying fine.

I’ve ordered some land gear extension legs from Amazon. 15 quid, they’ll be here tomorrow.

Yep, a lesson learned.

Again, thanks.

Drone ended up in small branches of a tree and a part has fallen off and I just can’t find it. No idea what it’s called but I’m guessing it’s going to interfere with my flying experience so is there anyone who knows if I can get a replacement part for what I’ve lost, please?

View attachment 125458
Did you check eBay? Start an eBay search with “DJI (your drone) parts.” Look around till you see what you are looking for. I have rebuilt my Mini 3 times this way.

View attachment 125458

I lost one and it's just the rear landing pad. DJI "should" have it - as they are somewhat easily knocked off. I'm not sure where / when mine came off - but it still flies fine.

Happy to hear that you got it all sorted out. This forum is full of experienced people who know allot about drones, so I always come here whenever I have problems with my drone.

Happy flying, and stay safe :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423