DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 imu error after crash

Ag1el

Reactions
Hello guys. So to keep it in short after a crash my new mavic air 2 turns on, connects but doesnt fly due to imu error. It says preparing to flight and does nothing basically. Says it is due to imu thing error code 30066. I tried recalibrating everything, even reloaded the software from pc but same still, is there any chance i can fix it myself even by opening it ? Hope you can help me .

Hello guys. So to keep it in short after a crash my new mavic air 2 turns on, connects but doesnt fly due to imu error. It says preparing to flight and does nothing basically. Says it is due to imu thing error code 30066. I tried recalibrating everything, even reloaded the software from pc but same still, is there any chance i can fix it myself even by opening it ? Hope you can help me .

That code is bad news, most likely your going to need a new IMU board , I just looked it up on youtube to see what it was and it not an easy fix , i know I could not do it.
I loose a screw just looking at it to long, lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

Reactions: hiflyer201
There has been multiple reports in this forum that the problem can be solved by giving it a knock, either on the craft or directly on the IMU chip. These are just two recent threads on the subject :

Inside the IMU is a number of moving masses. If one or more of those masses got stuck due to the crash, the IMU will cease to function. A knock will free them up. No harm to give it a try.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t fly this mate even if the imu error disappeared - You certainly don’t want issues mid flight especially after a crash - That’s one for DJI for peace of mind if nothing else - good luck

There has been multiple reports in this forum that the problem can be solved by giving it a knock, either on the craft or directly on the IMU chip. These are just two recent threads on the subject :

Inside the IMU is a number of moving masses. If one or more of those masses got stuck due to the crash, the IMU will cease to function. A knock will free them up. No harm to give it a try.

I think the Air 2 IMU error is not the same as the one on the Mavic 2 where it might get stuck.
I think the Air 2 30066 is the evil code and its more critical in nature.

I am also having an IMU error code, after updating the firmware. My first flight was perfect then and then while flying over water and jungle I got a altitude error while trying to fly over dense jungle in the Amazon. Everytime the dorne got 500 feet or so from me I would lose transmision.
And drone would want to return to Home point. The first time this happened I was on a boat and hand caught my drone. The Mavic you can turn upside down and it will turn off but the Airs2 wont do that so the only way I could get it to turn off was holding it into something metal so it thought it crashed.
A few more flights the drone flew but with eventual loss of transmission. Now when I just tried to troubleshoot the air s2 took off by itself then crashed into my bad and wouldnt turn off. I had to hold it on the floor until all the blades broke off so I could remove the battery to stop the motors.
Needless to say my hands are cut everywhere from trying to power it off on multiple occasions, where hand catch landings were the only option.
Any idea how I can do an IMU calibration?

I am also having an IMU error code, after updating the firmware. My first flight was perfect then and then while flying over water and jungle I got a altitude error while trying to fly over dense jungle in the Amazon. Everytime the dorne got 500 feet or so from me I would lose transmision.
And drone would want to return to Home point. The first time this happened I was on a boat and hand caught my drone. The Mavic you can turn upside down and it will turn off but the Airs2 wont do that so the only way I could get it to turn off was holding it into something metal so it thought it crashed.
A few more flights the drone flew but with eventual loss of transmission. Now when I just tried to troubleshoot the air s2 took off by itself then crashed into my bad and wouldnt turn off. I had to hold it on the floor until all the blades broke off so I could remove the battery to stop the motors.
Needless to say my hands are cut everywhere from trying to power it off on multiple occasions, where hand catch landings were the only option.

WELCOME to the forum :)

Welcome to Air 2S family , There seems to be a whole lot going on with your post, you might consider opening your own thread on the Crash. Upload you data log for those to see what is happening.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929