DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Ipad mount

jmsessa

Reactions
I bought a Frewell that I thought would hold my 9.7 Ipad pro on my Mav Air 2, but no go on that. Ideas? Polar Pro? Mavmount?

I already have a MavMount that I purchased for my Mavic 2 Pro, but it does not fit perfectly into the Mavic Air 2 remote. Also, IMO, the new antenna/phone mount system on the MA2 is great for a phone, but it's not rock solid when it comes to an accessory mount and also a tablet. I ended up going with a Lifthor tablet mount for the MA2 which is currently on pre-order with a ship date any day now. This system actually affixes to the remote body which may take a bit more time to setup, but it should be rock solid which is more important to me.

Here's a link so you can check it out: LifThor Baldur for DJI Mavic Air 2 | thors-drone-world

I already have a MavMount that I purchased for my Mavic 2 Pro, but it does not fit perfectly into the Mavic Air 2 remote. Also, IMO, the new antenna/phone mount system on the MA2 is great for a phone, but it's not rock solid when it comes to an accessory mount and also a tablet. I ended up going with a Lifthor tablet mount for the MA2 which is currently on pre-order with a ship date any day now. This system actually affixes to the remote body which may take a bit more time to setup, but it should be rock solid which is more important to me.

Here's a link so you can check it out: LifThor Baldur for DJI Mavic Air 2 | thors-drone-world
Thanks for your input!

Reactions: Brockrock

I also have a MavMount and have been pleased with the quality and use with my MA and MM controllers, but I agree with you on the fit with the MA2 controller with a larger tablet. I use my Note 8 in the controller antenna/phone mount and that works great for me. If I decide to mount my 10.2 Ipad the Liftthor looks like a "solid" choice. Thanks for sharing the lead. Enjoy your safe flying.

I also have a MavMount and have been pleased with the quality and use with my MA and MM controllers, but I agree with you on the fit with the MA2 controller with a larger tablet. I use my Note 8 in the controller antenna/phone mount and that works great for me. If I decide to mount my 10.2 Ipad the Liftthor looks like a "solid" choice. Thanks for sharing the lead. Enjoy your safe flying.
I really like having a tablet over a cell phone as a flight monitor. It adds to the flying experience in a bigger way, and upon ordering the MA2, somebody here on this forum posted about the Lifthor option. After looking at it, it seemed like the way to go, and I know folks are happy with their products based on comments here. Fun and safe flying as well.

Reactions: wjkrysak
I really like having a tablet over a cell phone as a flight monitor. It adds to the flying experience in a bigger way, and upon ordering the MA2, somebody here on this forum posted about the Lifthor option. After looking at it, it seemed like the way to go, and I know folks are happy with their products based on comments here. Fun and safe flying as well.
Yes, to have a large screen is nice. My options include; my Note 8 because it is 1200 nits bright, good viewing in sunlight, and works well with all my controllers. However, when I am sitting, relaxing for an afternoon, I use my Ipad 10.2 with Mavmount on a tripod with extended cable, with controller in hand. This is an old picture with MM, controller resting on tripod.Ipad mount.jpg If I go with MA2 controller and tablet I will have to give the Lifthor a thought. Thanks again for the lead. Enjoy your flying.

I bought a Frewell that I thought would hold my 9.7 Ipad pro on my Mav Air 2, but no go on that. Ideas? Polar Pro? Mavmount?
PGYTECH. It mounts easily and keeps the tablet over the controller giving you excellent balance. It’s the same unit that’s been available for the Mavic Pro series.
PGYTECH Pad Holder 4-10.5 inch Holder Remote Control Tablet Mount Holder Compatible with DJI Mavic Air 2/Mavic Mini/Mavic 2/Mavic Air/Mavic Pro/Spark Tablet Holder Foldable for Drones Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085TC9RFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MpM0EbF07PX33

PGYTECH. It mounts easily and keeps the tablet over the controller giving you excellent balance. It’s the same unit that’s been available for the Mavic Pro series.
PGYTECH Pad Holder 4-10.5 inch Holder Remote Control Tablet Mount Holder Compatible with DJI Mavic Air 2/Mavic Mini/Mavic 2/Mavic Air/Mavic Pro/Spark Tablet Holder Foldable for Drones Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085TC9RFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MpM0EbF07PX33
Just seen this on a flytpath video on youtube. good price and looks like good quality. Ordered one immedietly.

You can make a nice mount for $5.00 with a product called Hangables found in the velcro section of Home Depot. You put velcro on two plastic hooks and connect them together in an S shape. It will connect to the existing phone holder and the top of your tablet without slipping. Another flyer has a video of this on youtube. Works great! Keep 'em flyin.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan