DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Left rear arm loose when folded out of the box

acyc

Reactions
Hi fellow dronies,

I have an issue, I bought the Mavic Air 2 and out of the box, I noticed the left rear arm (on the right if you are looking at the front of the drone) drops a little but the right side stayed tight.
Should I be worried? I have yet to even put on the propellers yet and was thinking if I should bring it back to the DJI flagship store? I just got it earlier todayyyyyy
cry.gif

Anyone else facing this issue? I really need it on my trip tomorrow but also thinking if i should just bring it in today but may face them telling me they will send it back to DJI because I have not used it yet! HELP!

Hi fellow dronies,

I have an issue, I bought the Mavic Air 2 and out of the box, I noticed the left rear arm (on the right if you are looking at the front of the drone) drops a little but the right side stayed tight.
Should I be worried? I have yet to even put on the propellers yet and was thinking if I should bring it back to the DJI flagship store? I just got it earlier todayyyyyy
cry.gif

Anyone else facing this issue? I really need it on my trip tomorrow but also thinking if i should just bring it in today but may face them telling me they will send it back to DJI because I have not used it yet! HELP!
Pictures?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Do you get a positive lock once the arm is open? My MA2 has a little bit of slop in the "closed" position like your video shows, but when the arm is opened, it locks open just fine, and flies just fine.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I'd return it, it will only get worse over time as you open and close it multiple times

you should be within your rights to get another one straight away, let the store deal with the warranty issue

I'd return it, it will only get worse over time as you open and close it multiple times

you should be within your rights to get another one straight away, let the store deal with the warranty issue

Thanks for this. I think so too but when I got it from the store, I did ask if they needed to open it and check it out but they say nope. They don’t do that.

I will head to the store today. They open soon. Will keep you guys posted on this.

I really hope they swap it out for me as I have yet to even opened anything aside from the extra batteries from the fly more combo. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for this. I think so too but when I got it from the store, I did ask if they needed to open it and check it out but they say nope. They don’t do that.

I will head to the store today. They open soon. Will keep you guys posted on this.

I really hope they swap it out for me as I have yet to even opened anything aside from the extra batteries from the fly more combo. *fingers crossed*

You should raise hell if they don't replace it, open the new one in the shop to check it doesn't have the same quality control issues

You should raise hell if they don't replace it, open the new one in the shop to check it doesn't have the same quality control issues

Thanks for the link! I’m just worried they will say “okay you will have to leave this here for us to send it back to dji for a one to one exchange”

That’s gonna take weeks!

Thanks for the link! I’m just worried they will say “okay you will have to leave this here for us to send it back to dji for a one to one exchange”

That’s gonna take weeks!

Don't let them con you

I was going to say it’s fine as mine moves a little when folded but yours has quite a noticeable looseness to it so I’d definitely go in and get it replaced.

Hope you can get it sorted in time for your trip.

Reactions: acyc
UPDATE: I got a replacement from the store earlier. Thank god I have yet to activate it otherwise it would be sent in to DJI for warranty. Anyone with this issue PLEASE TAKE NOTE! Do not activate your drone should you notice a loose arm, just go get it exchanged and check the new model in the store itself!

However the sales person did cross check with the MA2 display model moves a little too. Same goes to the new one I got right out of the box (yet again). But this time, the right rear arm instead of the left. I guess thats better than my first MA2. I know some may think I am paranoid but t's just so hard not to nitpick on something like that when it costs so much! I didnt face this issue with my MM!

I would like to thank everyone who has replied to this thread especially @lannes for the GREAT help and advice! Really great community here! <3

That said, wishing everyone a safe and happy flight! :)

• Love
UPDATE: I got a replacement from the store earlier. Thank god I have yet to activate it otherwise it would be sent in to DJI for warranty. Anyone with this issue PLEASE TAKE NOTE! Do not activate your drone should you notice a loose arm, just go get it exchanged and check the new model in the store itself!

However the sales person did cross check with the MA2 display model moves a little too. Same goes to the new one I got right out of the box (yet again). But this time, the right rear arm instead of the left. I guess thats better than my first MA2. I know some may think I am paranoid but t's just so hard not to nitpick on something like that when it costs so much! I didnt face this issue with my MM!

I would like to thank everyone who has replied to this thread especially @lannes for the GREAT help and advice! Really great community here! <3

That said, wishing everyone a safe and happy flight! :)

Glad to see you got a good outcome, post some videos from your trip when you get the chance.

It’s not paranoid when you sending an $800.00 high advance drone into the air 400ft and possible 4000ft away. Like was said previously, better to be cautious and replace it. If the distributor sends enough back due to QC issues they may address the issue at the manufacturing / assembly point. Never accept something faulty you pay that much to purchase. You did the right thing.

Reactions: acyc
I've got mine today and it moves same as yours .I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Its spring loaded and 2 springs are never exactly same so it catches in slightly different spot . In unfolded position it holds well

Its either that or half of MA2 have defects :p

I know this is an older thread, but mine does the same. Port side rear arm (left rear when viewed from the back, or right rear when viewed from the front) has more play and droops a bit more than the opposite side when tucked in towards the body. Based on the responses in this thread, seems to be a fairly normal occurrence. Good to know. I also looked a few disassembly videos on YouTube and now understand how the spring loaded mechanism works. Personally, as long as it stays locked up tight in the flight position, I'm not going to worry about it any further.

Reactions: Tufargon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa