DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Master Airscrew Stealth Propellers Now Available

Hi all, I have two questions?

1. Does the use of these props negate your Refresh policy, as in making a modification.

2. Does it make the drone easier to spot when in the air.

Cheers graham.

1. No, I don’t think DJI would be that picky for a refresh claim.

2. No, it won’t.

Just got the email.

Master Airscrew Stealth propellers now available for Mavic Air 2.

Thanks for the notice. ?

I have a set for my Spark and they perform great.

The only drawback is that they didn't fold, but I have a custom case I built so it's not a problem for the Spark.

I'm glad to see that these fold for the MA2.

Looks like I'm going to order a set too. ?

Thanks again.

Have had orange on my Pro 1 for several years. Big difference. Just ordered set of orange for MA2 from Amazon. Be here 21st.

They’re not available on Amazon “yet.”

1) Master Airscrew will only start shipping them Dec 22, and you’re going to have them a day early???

2) I remember for the Mavic Air it was a few months before they were available on Amazon.

I wanted a set of the Red ones but they were sold out almost immediately. I did order a set of the black ones for now. Will order the red ones when they are available. I like having the reds in the front and the black in back like I did for my MA.

I love their props I just order a set. We will soon find out if their claims are real would be pretty cool if we get 2 more min of flight and 2 more mphs.

EDIT: I do find the increased speed claim probably impossible since the AIR2 is speed limited in software from what I understand,
that certainly seems to be the case. After any flight using airdata I can easily see why my forward speed in one direction is well below the normal speed as there is a headwind of ..say..20 kts. the return flight minutes later is still restricted to the normal speed in sport mode of 42. If the software didn't limit the speed, the speed across the ground would have been 62kts. Simple deduced reckoning...dead reckoning as they say. I've verified that over many flights.
I use Master Airscrew Props on my 1 simply because I want to be a good neighbor, but to tell the truth the performance and sound differences are pretty negligible.

My props came in today and when I start my MA2 up the drone jerks and starts to slowly spin clockwise on my tile floor. Not touching anything.

Putting the OEM's back on everything is fine. Im asking for a refund.

These props are a tad longer than the OEM's too.

My props came in today and when I start my MA2 up the drone jerks and starts to slowly spin clockwise on my tile floor. Not touching anything.

Suggest flying outside with strong GPS lock.

That’s unfortunate, maybe there is a defect with your props. You said you want a refund and I get it, but maybe see if they can just replace them. I would think they would.

These props are a tad longer than the OEM's too.sounds unfortunate, MAS are a very well established company
Yes that sounds unfortunate, MAS are a very well known established
company in this field so i'd be surprised if this will be the case across
the board with these new props. Like mentioned perhaps there's a fault
with this set. I know it's a silly question and i can hear your tuts from here
but you have put them on in the correct order/positions....sorry thought it
best to mention.

I received my props yesterday they are a lot quieter I can attest you do get about two more miles in normal mode sport mode I didn’t see a difference I might’ve touched 69 km wants battery life is good like it was before no I don’t think these props feel the same quality as all the other stealth props I’ve ever bought on the trailing edge on mine it looks like it’s got mold castings on it and they’re sharp enough to cut you but they seem to work fine I’m magic air 2 flies perfectly with mine I got a pack of the black.

Last edited:
OK, I believe I have solved my prop issues. one thing I noticed was that my props were really stiff to unfold. Especially my front right prop. Also noticed there is some over molding on the blades. Took my finger nail and trimmed of the over molding easy enough.

Now I think what was causing the jerk and drone rotation at idle speed was the stiff blade hinges. I worked each blade by hand until I noticed a looser easier blade to open. After doing all prop blades I can startup with minimal start jerk and no rotational movement. Took it out for flight and flew great! So this seemed to solve my problem with these MAS new props.

was thinking about backing out the screws on the props a tad but did not want to break any loctite that may have been used.

Last edited:
OK, I believe I have solved my prop issues. one thing I noticed was that my props were really stiff to unfold. Especially my front right prop. Also noticed there is some over molding on the blades. Took my finger nail and trimmed of the over molding easy enough.

Now I think what was causing the jerk and drone rotation at idle speed was the stiff blade hinges. I worked each blade by hand until I noticed a looser easier blade to open. After doing all prop blades I can startup with minimal start jerk and no rotational movement. Took it out for flight and flew great! So this seemed to solve my problem with these MAS new props.

was thinking about backing out the screws on the props a tad but did not want to break any loctite that may have been used.
Glad you've solved it....Happy flying ?

I think what was causing the jerk and drone rotation at idle speed was the stiff blade hinges.
So to clarify, when you first had your problem you didn't unfold the props (i.e. were expecting the motor torque to do it)?

Good news you got it working and thanks for letting us know what you did.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost