DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Master Airscrew Stealth Propellers Now Available

I have some blue ones on the way. I am hoping they will match up.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So to clarify, when you first had your problem you didn't unfold the props (i.e. were expecting the motor torque to do it)?
I always unfold folding props before startup to at least to 95% open straight. They all were stiff but the front right white I had installed was more so than the others. I worked on each blade for about 2-3 min to get the looseness I wanted without backing out the prop screw or adding oil. Anyways seems to have worked for whatever reason.

I did note that the front right prop also did not retain straight out open like the others do after shutting down and stopped. And seems to have a little detent feel when you open them up. So just little things observing not to say its wrong. And they are thinner and longer than DJI's. Again not a problem as long as they don't hit the drone while flying. Not 100% I'm going to always run them on my MA2 at this point though.

Last edited:
So, flew twice with them yesterday. Here is my anecdata.

Definitely seem a bit quieter and the pitch is noticeably lower (I’m guessing the length of the blades has something to do with that ). The sound of the drone washed into the background noise in places where I normally could have heard it before.

I also fold my blades out most of the way but not necessarily 100% straight when setting up. The drone did seem just a tiny bit wobbly on start up with the stealth props. Nothing crazy, just a small movement back and forth, maybe a centimeter each way until it got to full speed and went up to hover. The hinges are stiffer so I will probably try to work them back and forth like Spin to see if that makes it better.

I’m a home inspector so I don’t really go far or zoom around. But, I do usually head up 75-100 meters to take an overhead shot of the property once I’m done looking at what I need to. The drone did seem noticeably slower doing this. In fact, when I was doing it, I thought, ha, am I still in normal mode? I looked down and it was in Sport. (Due to needing to fly close to obstructions and peaked roofs, I usually need to be in Sport to do it).

Here are a couple of comparison shots. The blades are definitely a few mm longer and have a bit more of a canard-like tip on the end. I use the PGYTech hold downs and the bottom one works still, but it is a tiny bit more fussy getting it on right. This shot shows it up off the body of the Air2 a bit but I was able to get it to sit tight with some wiggling.The tips of the blades just stick out of the top strap where before they were covered. No issues fitting in the case at all.

Attachments

• AC3D870F-929A-45F4-AA3D-8D247BA6D84B.jpeg
    AC3D870F-929A-45F4-AA3D-8D247BA6D84B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 5A2A7200-9BCD-43D5-8B1F-F48BA95D93A0.jpeg
    5A2A7200-9BCD-43D5-8B1F-F48BA95D93A0.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 51
  • 8E28A169-9505-4B1F-B96C-312F0F20D747.jpeg
    8E28A169-9505-4B1F-B96C-312F0F20D747.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
I trust Master Airscrew blades. Have been using them on RC fixed wing aircraft for years. I also have updated each of my quads with MAS versions. Noticeable difference in MA. I was flying my MA2, yesterday and my nephew asked if I upgraded the props as it was so quiet. The MA2 has a comfortable sound/pitch for me, but I am curious about the MAS improvements. I will likely be on their order list :)

i emailed them on the 28th to ask....haven't heard anything since, hopefully
they might be back to work today after the holidays and get on with it.

Reactions: Boyce555
So, when I flew today, I made sure unfold the blades so they were totally straight and got no shudder at all at startup, so it does seem that as the hinges loosen, it won’t matter as much if they’re totally unfolded.

So, when I flew today, I made sure unfold the blades so they were totally straight and got no shudder at all at startup, so it does seem that as the hinges loosen, it won’t matter as much if they’re totally unfolded.
Yes.... I heard about that and did the same thing. But I am tempted to see what happens. I am sure they will be fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys