DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 or Mavic Air Platinum

You do realize that the drone JUST came out, right? Why would you possibly think they'd immediately replace it?

Reactions: R1Mavic
You do realize that the drone JUST came out, right? Why would you possibly think they'd immediately replace it?
I was hoping they do an Apple thing where maybe on the Air 1 year they come out with a newer version.

I still love the size of the Mavic Air. So easy to tote around and travel with. I would like to see an improved version with Occusync and also a quieter drone. Has anyone heard anything about an upgraded Air?

Nothing on the horizon but it's due for an update. Occusync 2 with a digital display on the controller would be nice, and folding props would be awesome, especially if they are gonna price it $799 or more.

Nothing on the horizon but it's due for an update. Occusync 2 with a digital display on the controller would be nice, and folding props would be awesome, especially if they are gonna price it $799 or more.
My hold back on the Mavic 2 is the size. I usually fly from my back yard and the Air I have is white so not as visible as a darker one. If it wasn't so loud I don't think anyone would notice it. When I look at the Mavic 2 not only is it a darker color, but with it's size it's just more noticeable.

My hold back on the Mavic 2 is the size. I usually fly from my back yard and the Air I have is white so not as visible as a darker one. If it wasn't so loud I don't think anyone would notice it. When I look at the Mavic 2 not only is it a darker color, but with it's size it's just more noticeable.

Actually, the Air is black on the bottom and the Mavic is silver. You could always put a skin on to make it more visible. The M2 is so much more quiet than the Air.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Actually, the Air is black on the bottom and the Mavic is silver. You could always put a skin on to make it more visible. The M2 is so much more quiet than the Air.
\
I would have pulled the trigger already but it seems like they have some kinks to work out with the Mavic 2. I have seen some people complain about build quality and a few other fall out of the sky issues. I forgot the bottom was black. I am fine with it not being so visible, I'd almost like it to be invisible so the neighbors couldn't see it.

Last edited:
The Phantom 5 is the next consumer drone that will most likely be released. I don't think we're going to see a new Mavic Air model for quite a while.

\
I would have pulled the trigger already but it seems like they have some kinks to work out with the Mavic 2. I have seen some people complain about build quality and a few other fall out of the sky issues. I forgot the bottom was black. I am fine with it not being so visible, I'd almost like it to be invisible so the neighbors couldn't see it.

95 out of 100 people who bought an M2 liked it and would buy it again. Im not trying to disrespect you, but I own and repair Mavics, and the Mavic 2's that have come through here are truly works of engineering art. The kinks that plagued the Mavic Pro have been ironed out, and the M2 series is more bulletproof than ever. Ive got a few hours logged in Mavic 2's and they are state of the art in engineering and build quality.

Check out this thread:

How do you like your new Mavic 2?

Last edited:
I'm willing to bed they release a platinum air model with quieter props and/or just release quieter props. I mean MPP/MP2 have them and pretty sure the P5P will have them. The M2 is pretty quiet...

..but that doesn't mean I like flying the air. I love flying the air more than the M2 it's just small and fun to fly. I was going to sell my air but it's got such low use and the value has dropped enough I'm not hurting for the money so I'll just own both. The air is definitely smaller and more portable and if I'm traveling light and only taking my small camera bag I can still throw the air in it and always have a drone vs not taking the M2 because it doesn't fit in my small camera bag.

If they do the above with that Occusync to get 1080 vs. 720 & better range would make the Air perfect imho

I think the current model is the V2. At release it seems there were plenty of issues but it seems like a fairly decent unit now but all reports. It was probably released a little early with that in mind. It’s now where it should I be.

I still love the size of the Mavic Air. So easy to tote around and travel with. I would like to see an improved version with Occusync and also a quieter drone. Has anyone heard anything about an upgraded Air?
Those are both options I would love!

it's

it's size its the only positive thing 'bout it.
each time I turn it on or swap battery or, sometimes I land, and restart from same point I have to compass calibrate it again and again!!!!! loosing like 5-7% of the battery and total flight time reduced..... I'm almost over this device, im just using it to learn basic, then sell it and get the MP2.

it's

each time I turn it on or swap battery or, sometimes I land, and restart from same point I have to compass calibrate it again and again!!!!! loosing like 5-7% of the battery and total flight time reduced..... I'm almost over this device, im just using it to learn basic, then sell it and get the MP2.
And have you opened a ticket with DJI?

I have none of these issues and love the MA...

it's

If you aren’t exaggerating, you very likely have a defective drone. None of that is normal. I have never had to recalibrate after a landing or changing batteries (maybe you are flying near something magnetic), and the 6 or so seconds it takes to calibrate the compass does not even use 1% battery. As someone else suggested, you should be contacting DJI support. Get it sorted out so you don’t have to deal with that anymore.

When you use the bag that comes with the Mavic 2 Fly More Kit, (packed with all the stuff), it's hard to say that it's any bigger than the bag from the Mavic Air Fly more, (packed with all of its stuff). It's a little different shape, but sizewise, it's pretty darn close.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR