DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 range Restriction

Stevietv

Reactions
This is never happened to me twice Mavic would only let me fly 49 m distance , I know there is a setting to limit the range but this was set to unlimited all have been working well in previous frights but after resit in restarting
downloading latest firmware could not fly further than 49 m, The distance indicator would turn red, The only solution was to delete dji Fly app and then reinstall this cured the problem, has anybody else had this issue?

Reactions: RabunRon
This is never happened to me twice Mavic would only let me fly 49 m distance , I know there is a setting to limit the range but this was set to unlimited all have been working well in previous frights but after resit in restarting
downloading latest firmware could not fly further than 49 m, The distance indicator would turn red, The only solution was to delete dji Fly app and then reinstall this cured the problem, has anybody else had this issue?
You just need to Update the Batteries and you will be good to go.

I Posted twice where i was only able to get 150 ft when i was stopped until i updated the battery, The app is mostly likely not the problem.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

You just need to Update the Batteries and you will be good to go.

I Posted twice where i was only able to get 150 ft when i was stopped until i updated the battery, The app is mostly likely not the problem.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.
How do you update the batteries if it doesn't give you a prompt that they need to be updated. I bought my ma2/flymore/smart controller combo about 6 weeks ago and had to do all 3 batteries at that time along with all the other firmware. It flew great until last week. I can't fly over the 30m mark and distance is really short. I have posted this with all the other threads with the same issue and there isn't any fixes that seem to work. Customer support is really bad imo.

I have 5 batteries for my MA2. Three of which came in the combo and two that I bought at different times and I got the prompt to update the battery firmware.

* Not my image. Snipped it off of YouTube.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-08 234456.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-08 234456.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 20
I have 5 batteries for my MA2. Three of which came in the combo and two that I bought at different times and I got the prompt to update the battery firmware.

* Not my image. Snipped it off of YouTube.
I just got the MA2 combo last week. Battery in the drone needed update, one of the two in the combo kit needed the update, the other didn't. Seems strange that 1 in the combo needed update and the other did not. Also having problems with height and distance restriction as of yesterday. Rain today so can't fly.

I just got the MA2 combo last week. Battery in the drone needed update, one of the two in the combo kit needed the update, the other didn't. Seems strange that 1 in the combo needed update and the other did not. Also having problems with height and distance restriction as of yesterday. Rain today so can't fly.
when you update the drone via the fly app it also updates the battery.. so once you stick in another battery it will prompt to update that battery.

when you update the drone via the fly app it also updates the battery.. so once you stick in another battery it will prompt to update that battery.
It did prompt for the battery in the drone, and prompted for one battery in the combo kit, but not the second battery.

Same problem... also altitude only 30m when set for 200m

Hi, did you try by turning of the mobile in flight mode? Had the case several time - greatings from Belgium :)

After calling DJI they advise to recalibrate IMU and compass doing this on both drones seems to have cured the problem have made around 15 -20 flights without any problems, home this helps anyone else who is experiencing this fault

Yes just had that happen

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx