DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 range test with Wetsuit + Rescue Jacket under severe weather conditions.

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I want to share this test performed under very severe wind conditions. I decided to do it because will be the perfect worse case scenario for anybody and see the limits of my setup.

I want to thanks my supportive wife, daughter and my brother for serve as spotters from the ground during the trajectory to make this possible (VLOS).

My setup:
Mavic Air 2
MA2 battery with about 25 cycles already
Smart Controller
Allientech DUO II
Phantomrain Wetsuit + Rescue Jacket

Settings:
Drone camera: 4K 60 FPS / D-Logs
GoPro Hero 9 Black: 4K 60 FPS

Telemetry info: Airdata.

Note:
The smart controller DJI fly app version that I am using have issues reporting to fly logs the Power information, that’s why show in 0 all the time. Even Airdata is unable to read this but from IOS works. I learned this after processing the video and telemetry.

Any comment or suggestions are welcome!!!

Last edited:
The stock controller ( FCC ) can do three times that distance in low-interference environment. The battery is always the limiting factor.

Reactions: zeusfl
WOW!!!! How can you resolve the battery issue, then? You can't, I guess?

WOW!!!! How can you resolve the battery issue, then? You can't, I guess?

Double battery .......

Check out the battery mod threads in this forum. This is a cheap way to do it. Sorry its not in English but you can get an idea :

We had to watch like 5 times, Each time the family screaming TURN BACK TURN BACK :oops: your going to Crash our Rescue Jacket , why is he not turning back.
The Crocodiles are going to get it :oops: what a absolute blast. Thank you ...

You made the Rescue Jacket designed to remote land on water into a Rock Star range warrior.

It took us a few watches to see the Wind Speeds being Posted at the Top as we were mesmerized with the flight.

I had guessed at 12,000 ft and you managed 20,300 ft with high winds posting.

Calculating the Wind speed back was :cool:

This was the featured entertainment last night, is the Black Rescue Jacket working out as a good Color over the water ?

I can put something together !

Well, it’s cool. I still don’t know what it is, but if you put it together, nice job.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Is the Phantomrain rainsuit removable or does it stay attached?

The Wet Suit meant to stay on at all times as they weigh less than 1 ounce . The Wet Suits work in all Environments and you can choose how many battery covers you want to cover if your flying 110 degree heat other than that you good to go , to get all the added benefits.

Thanks Kyle.

Reactions: zeusfl
I just updated the video with the color fix version and dash updated.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That's interesting- especially the small difference in ground speed outbound vs inbound. It appears to me the drone is changing its angle of attack. I did not expect that. I expect constant air speed.

That's interesting- especially the small difference in ground speed outbound vs inbound. It appears to me the drone is changing its angle of attack. I did not expect that. I expect constant air speed.

Have you notice the 24mph the drone needs to fights? I was the one changing the angle of direction to make sure my spotters where able to see the drone. Check the Sticks inputs.
Is impressive the drone is handling that amount of wind with the rescue jacket. In my opinion did an impressive job on that wind. With that amount of wind probably you can lose the Mavic Mini and the MA2 not only was able to handle it, it went 10,100 FT with head wind. Coming back was super stable and burning less power since is with tail wind. That is why was able to come back with only 28% of the battery with a 28-29Mph consistent. This is because that is the limit of the P mode and the wind was not completely tail wind.

Reactions: Horace
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty