Join Us Now

My first experience with the Mavic Air 2 Wet Suit + Rescue Jacket

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Today I had a blast with the Mavic Air 2 using the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket, landing over the water.

Also I have some visitors while was recording and I give a nice surprise to a kid.

The video was recorded with the drone camera, my iPhone and a GoPro Hero 3+. Sorry for GoPro 2.7K overlap to 4K resolution.
Today was a windy day with 10 mph, not the perfect conditions but perfect for a typical real case scenarios test.

As you see the drone handled the Rescue Jacket + Wet Suit very well in normal and sport mode. I really like the fact you can see the drone from very far with the Rescue Jacket increasing VLOS. The fly time has not been affected by the weight and really looks cool. Now I can fly low over the water to take the nice shots having peace of mind that I somethings goes wrong, I can recover my drone because will wont sink. :) (if something happen I prefers if land straight and not upside down) LOL.

If somebody is interested, you can get it from https://www.phantomrain.org/ and @Phantomrain.org will give you an awesome support.
Thank you !!!

Last edited:
Here the short iPhone video version.

Wondering how this would work on the ocean

Let me tell you. Today I learned how well the sensors works in the Mavic Air 2. When you try to land on the water, the aircraft refuse to land, you really need to keep the stick down for about 8 to 10 seconds to make it land on the water. That make me happy because when you fly taking videos close to the water the aircraft will protect it self. That is very well done by DJI giving that extra layer of security.

I can not tell you this behavior will be consistence since i just landed about 5 times only. @Phantomrain.org can tell your better.

I guess there is few videos landing on choppy waters like the ocean. It does a good job.

Today I had a blast with the Mavic Air 2 using the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket, landing over the water.

Also I have some visitors while was recording and I give a nice surprise to a kid.

The video was recorded with the drone camera, my iPhone and a GoPro Hero 3+. Sorry for GoPro 2.7K overlap to 4K resolution.
Today was a windy day with 10 mph, not the perfect conditions but perfect for a typical real case scenarios test.

As you see the drone handled the Rescue Jacket + Wet Suit very well in normal and sport mode. I really like the fact you can see the drone from very far with the Rescue Jacket increasing VLOS. The fly time has not been affected by the weight and really looks cool. Now I can fly low over the water to take the nice shots having peace of mind that I somethings goes wrong, I can recover my drone because will wont sink. :) (if something happen I prefers if land straight and not upside down) LOL.

If somebody is interested, you can get it from https://www.phantomrain.org/ and @Phantomrain.org will give you an awesome support.
Thank you !!!

Kind soul ?⚽️?

Wondering how this would work on the ocean

We have put it through some paces, Check this thread out.

Reactions: itsneedtokno

Thank you !!!

Great video. Shows how the "Recue Jacket" actually lands & takeoff on water. Really nice/brave that you let the little kid have a fly.

Thank you !!!

First, I am very impressed with the “floaters”. They seem to be very stable and functional. Thanks for sharing that for sure.
Second, it was really kind of you to let that young man fly a drone and take some pictures. I trust you got an email so you can send them to him. His joy was wonderful and you are a great ambassador for our sport. Totally enjoyed watching this. ?

First, I am very impressed with the “floaters”. They seem to be very stable and functional. Thanks for sharing that for sure.
Second, it was really kind of you to let that young man fly a drone and take some pictures. I trust you got an email so you can send them to him. His joy was wonderful and you are a great ambassador for our sport. Totally enjoyed watching this. ?
Thank you for your words !! His dad gave me his email and I sent the pictures and video to him already. I guess this is for what the hobby is about for me. To enjoy, share experience and teach others.

Thank you !!!

Awesome!!!!

Nice video. Since you live in Florida, were you not worried that one of our native water residents, alligators, just may consider your drone a tasty morsel? I also live very close to a lake here in Florida and I have flown over it multiple times, but I doubt that I would land on it....I know our lake has at least 2 6 footers residing here.....just a thought.....

Thank you !!!

Glad it all worked out for you. Really good that you acted as an ambassador for the community and encouraged someone from the younger generation to look positively on drone flying. I'm guessing that the young man's parents were pretty impressed too.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Glad it all worked out for you. Really good that you acted as an ambassador for the community and encouraged someone from the younger generation to look positively on drone flying. I'm guessing that the young man's parents were pretty impressed too.
Thanks for the words !!! Yes they where impressed and very thank full for let him fly. His dad told me, you just put me in troubles, because now I need to buy 2 drones, one for my son and one for me. Good thing he say it with his wife present. She say ok !!! I offer him free lessons to setup the drone for him once he get it. Probably for Christmas he says.

Crazy enough you can. I noticed this when floating down the River , im wondering if Zues had this experience also. :)
Yes I test it today and works, however if is windy wont work very well. I tested on 17mph wind. CRAZY !!! At 0-6 miles winds works nice like a hover boat.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580