DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AIR 2 Rescue Jackets ------ Lands on Water : 2800 ft VLOS Boater Notice

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The Air 2 Rescue Jacket is based off of the amazing design we had with the Sea Lander for the Mavic 2.

Coming in under 3 ounces
with a very small foot print the Air 2 Rescue Jacket is quite capable.

You can Land on Swells in the Sea or the Lake , or send it down river.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 In the Rain and Float on Water
Email me at [email protected] for the Pre order and Invoice.

Range Test in 20 mph winds. Good Watch.

Last edited:
This is great.

Did you figure out how much time you got on one battery with everything on?

This is great.

Did you figure out how much time you got on one battery with everything on?

With the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket : 3.5 ounces total. 0.5 is the Wet Suit .

Yes , I did :} Will be posting another video where I vertically climb to 400 and sport mode around .
Amazing the performance Est: 26 minutes give or take. I have yet to really push that.

Keep in mind that if you Remote Land on the water you can sit on the Water Surfing for as long as you need before the Events take place .
Thus saving your battery and adding a much longer time frame out on the water waiting for the action.

Remote landing is Powerful once you understand the concepts of how it can be used on the Water.

Last edited:
Yes that option is great. But I am more concern with the time because I will be using it going from one lake to another and not have to worry about losing it in the water any where on the trip.
If I have at least 26 minutes then I will have enough time.
My lake ties into what is called "the flats" before getting to the other lake.
A whole lot of wet lands with no solid ground any where so it will be following me in the channel or I will be flying it while someone else drives.
It will great knowing that if anything goes wrong it will not be lost under water.
I will finally be able to fly it from the pontoon or from the water as you stated.

Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
Yes that option is great. But I am more concern with the time because I will be using it going from one lake to another and not have to worry about losing it in the water any where on the trip.
If I have at least 26 minutes then I will have enough time.
My lake ties into what is called "the flats" before getting to the other lake.
A whole lot of wet lands with no solid ground any where so it will be following me in the channel or I will be flying it while someone else drives.
It will great knowing that if anything goes wrong it will not be lost under water.
I will finally be able to fly it from the pontoon or from the water as you stated.

Awesome, I will be posting the video soon so you can see how it reacts in the sky, I was blown away as i expected some issues .
Im waiting on the video to render while I post puzzles on the Forum. lollll

• Haha
Reactions: eaglesurfing
Im waiting on the video to render while I post puzzles on the Forum. lollll
Yes you are and causing staff to have to take the time and move and monitor them. How bout being a vender you just vend Coal. ?

Yes you are and causing staff to have to take the time and move and monitor them. How bout being a vender you just vend Coal. ?
Sorry Dirk, Was planning on giving away couple free Air 2 Rescue Squares and Wet Suit to anyone that answered the Puzzle .
Seems that went that went the wrong way.

Thank you.

Sorry Dirk, Was planning on giving away couple free Air 2 Rescue Squares and Wet Suit to anyone that answered the Puzzle .
Seems that went that went the wrong way.

Thank you.
Should have stated that .You didn’t or it might have. Edit it in
and bet it goes differently.

Awesome, I will be posting the video soon so you can see how it reacts in the sky, I was blown away as i expected some issues .

I was thinking that maybe the Drag would cause some issues , but seems that foot print is very small and really light so after an hour of testing no warnings.
Seems that the Air 2 and the Rescue Jacket is a perfect balance

Last edited:
I applaud your ambitions into making our drone flying a much more better experience. I also give props that your contribution to our drone flying hobby. But, can you show some videos of some close ups with it hovering with some 360s as if it's a fashion show. I would like to see what it looks like.

I applaud your ambitions into making our drone flying a much more better experience. I also give props that your contribution to our drone flying hobby. But, can you show some videos of some close ups with it hovering with some 360s as if it's a fashion show. I would like to see what it looks like.

I might be able to do a fashion show of the Rescue Jacket after I nail down the colors.
as the Visual Line of Sight is excellent, almost 3000 ft.

Considering doing a White Rescue Jacket will keep you posted.

Reactions: copterbob
Testing out the Air 2 Rescue Jacket VLOS with and without the Rescue Jacket.

Air 2 Rescue Jackets allows for about and Extra 1000 Ft of Visual Line of sight which is pretty solid .

Reactions: copterbob
For those asking : Visual Line of Sight is Estimated at 2800 ft to 3000 ft over the lake with the Air 2 Rescue jacket .
So while you might still be able to see it, I find it hard to believe that you can accurately identify its orientation at that distance.

So while you might still be able to see it, I find it hard to believe that you can accurately identify its orientation at that distance.

That is true : But RTH can be used very quickly and several times during any flight and a quick cancel on the X and your orientation is back if you lost it.
Its not uncommon for us to RTH 5 even 10 times in a single flight if were chasing the sky . ;)

That is true : But RTH can be used very quickly and several times during any flight and a quick cancel on the X and your orientation is back if you lost it.
Its not uncommon for us to RTH 5 even 10 times in a single flight if were chasing the sky . ;)
So you're actively advocating illegal BVLOS flight and flying in a reckless, or at least negligent, manner. I wouldn't be so keen to post that publicly.

Reactions: SkyeHigh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi