DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AIR 2 Rescue Jackets ------ Lands on Water : 2800 ft VLOS Boater Notice

So you're actively advocating illegal BVLOS flight and flying in a reckless, or at least negligent, manner. I wouldn't be so keen to post that publicly.

I am an advocate of some drone things but flying beyond BLVOS is not one of them.
nor is flying over people, cars, despite the permits and parachutes that can be used. So NO not an advocate.

We do use the RTH feature much more than most drone pilots and abuse it at will to get quick orientation of a flight , but that has nothing to do with flying beyond VLOS and everything to do with gaining quick orientation of the drone for a long list of reasons.

I see how you might have got confused , sorry about that.

I would certainly show interest in this and would offer to Live Test a unit. I have the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air 2 as well. I sit at the confluence of the Beaver and Ohio Rivers and water conditions are quite different when you consider boat traffic of all sizes.

Keep me on your list and in the zone.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2020-06-14-15h57m03s633.png
    vlcsnap-2020-06-14-15h57m03s633.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 54
  • Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Will this stay attached from a drop of say, 200 feet? 300 feet? 398 feet?

Recoverable from the unthinkable?!?!!?!?! ?

I NEEEEEEED ONE.
*rubs genie lamp*
I wish for a neon green Rescue Jacket
*genie answers*
That costs extra
Me - ?

Reactions: copterbob
Will this stay attached from a drop of say, 200 feet? 300 feet? 398 feet?

Recoverable from the unthinkable?!?!!?!?! ?

I NEEEEEEED ONE.
*rubs genie lamp*
I wish for a neon green Rescue Jacket
*genie answers*
That costs extra
Me - ?
Yes because it is strapped in , it can handle some extreme heights .

We just got an order for a fleet of air 2 rescue jackets from an expedition company , and they want Neon green .

So will post soon if new color code is a go .

Yes because it is strapped in , it can handle some extreme heights .

We just got an order for a fleet of air 2 rescue jackets from an expedition company , and they want Neon green .

So will post soon if new color code is a go . They both pop at night and on the Water. Very cool .

Well the response to the Air 2 Rescue Jackets has been pretty good so we now Offer Two Color Designs that you can choose from

Neon Green and Lunar Purple and Neon Blue and Black

Screenshot 07-25-2020 20.17.43.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 07-11-2020 17.16.54.jpg
    Screenshot 07-11-2020 17.16.54.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I'm super super SUPER interested in the Rescue Jacket.

The fact that you can recover your drone from a bird strike over water is enough for me.

Forget all the other perks... Increased VLOS, water take off and landing (boat flying made simple), "standby" mode for the right shot...

...but @Phantomrain.org can we get a price please?

I'm super super SUPER interested in the Rescue Jacket.

The fact that you can recover your drone from a bird strike over water is enough for me.

Forget all the other perks... Increased VLOS, water take off and landing (boat flying made simple), "standby" mode for the right shot...

...but @Phantomrain.org can we get a price please?

The price changes on what package you get and how many extra battery covers and if you get both the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket.

Email me at [email protected]
for an invoice .

Last edited:
Quick question.

Have you noticed a change in flight dynamics or flight time with the rescue jacket attached?
I ask Coal to make a video on that. I do not know how much time is going to be lost because of the extra weight but it looks like there is no issue with control.

Check out the video.

Three times today I missed a shot because I wasn't willing to fly long range over water without a Rescue Jacket.

I'll be ordering one soon!

Thanks for the "member's only" discount Coal!

Your Package is shipping on Monday: Thank you for your support.
I cannot wait to see what creative aspects you get from both the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket.. :)

• Love
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Your Package is shipping on Monday: Thank you for your support.
I cannot wait to see what creative aspects you get from both the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket.. :)
Just got the confirmation email!

Arriving the 24th by 8pm.

Woo!

I received my rescue jacket today and my only concern is that one of the bottom sensors is very close to the edge of the foam, hopefully it doesn't interfere with the sensor.

Edit: I just did a test hover and I'm getting an error saying that the vision sensor is blocked.

Attachments

• IMG_20200722_090513.jpg
    IMG_20200722_090513.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Reactions: itsneedtokno
I received my rescue jacket today and my only concern is that one of the bottom sensors is very close to the edge of the foam, hopefully it doesn't interfere with the sensor.

Edit: I just did a test hover and I'm getting an error saying that the vision sensor is blocked.
I contacted Coal and he is working on it.

I sent him detailed pictures.

You can push it back/down a little after it is strapped in and the error will go away.

Contact him directly and tell him.

He sent me another one that he said has corrected the problem.

I will know by next week.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard