DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 range test with Wetsuit + Rescue Jacket under severe weather conditions.

Have you notice the 24mph the drone needs to fights? I was the one changing the angle of direction to make sure my spotters where able to see the drone. Check the Sticks inputs.
Is impressive the drone is handling that amount of wind with the rescue jacket. In my opinion did an impressive job on that wind. With that amount of wind probably you can lose the Mavic Mini and the MA2 not only was able to handle it, it went 10,100 FT with head wind. Coming back was super stable and burning less power since is with tail wind. That is why was able to come back with only 28% of the battery with a 28-29Mph consistent. This is because that is the limit of the P mode and the wind was not completely tail wind.
do you need that special set up to make the drone got that far with the the rescue jacket on ?

do you need that special set up to make the drone got that far with the the rescue jacket on ?

No , the setup he is using does make the signal stronger which can allow the to travel much further with a stronger signal but it is not needed for the distance traveled in this flight. The extra signal strength is nice to have to keep a strong signal though out longer flights.

I want to share this test performed under very severe wind conditions. I decided to do it because will be the perfect worse case scenario for anybody and see the limits of my setup.

I want to thanks my supportive wife, daughter and my brother for serve as spotters from the ground during the trajectory to make this possible (VLOS).

My setup:
Mavic Air 2
MA2 battery with about 25 cycles already
Smart Controller
Allientech DUO II
Phantomrain Wetsuit + Rescue Jacket

Settings:
Drone camera: 4K 60 FPS / D-Logs
GoPro Hero 9 Black: 4K 60 FPS

Telemetry info: Airdata.

Note:
The smart controller DJI fly app version that I am using have issues reporting to fly logs the Power information, that’s why show in 0 all the time. Even Airdata is unable to read this but from IOS works. I learned this after processing the video and telemetry.

Any comment or suggestions are welcome!!!

What is the attachment you have on the front of your smart controller?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7