DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC AIR 2, THE HONEST TRUTH

whareable

Reactions
This drone has a ton of great features, there are also a ton of great features from other drones removed, before you get your panties in bunch about either statement lets dive into why I feel this way.

First of all, this drone should be appealing to First time Droners, Vloggers, Or seasoned drone pilots who want mobility over hardware. Yet, they slimmed down the DJI GO FLY app so much, I could see it being rather hard to understand for newbies. This confuses me, because the rest of the Mavic Air 2 follows this Ying & yang Imbalance, you get Follow me Mode 3.0, but you loose a proper Tripod mode & in return they enable an even slower mode called Hyperlapse. Yet you cant do film, or control the camera settings or post process very well because its Jpegs compressed to an Mp4.

Another instance is you get a really super controllable gimbal wheel, much more sensitive and responsive to slow adjustments than the Mavic Pro 1, but you loose the Shutter speed wheel on the controller...wtf dji

I also do not like how you only get one Warning to land, and then the drone after a drop to 10% battery will begin to land and you cannot cancel the landing or fight it as much as a Mavic 1 or P3....This is really dangerous for new flyers or those who fly over water. Also the battery on the Iphone display needs some Green or color to see against the hud background, white does not work with clouds or bright skys.

1. Tripod mode needs a secondary mode to limit speed, 11mph is far too fast!
  2. APAS and Trace mode need to follow closer, it hangs behind and then jolts forward to catch up, usually causing in near misses or stops.
  3. Remove the delay between each photo on Hyperlapse mode, & allow aircraft flight controls while video compresses
  4. Battery indicator on iphone needs Green or contrast
  5. Give us Tap to Fly, Waypoint saves, Full time course lock and more battery warnings!
  6. intelligent flight battery modes, dont let someone start a Hyperlapse or flight if they cant return with enough battery.

Last edited:
This drone has a ton of great features, there are also a ton of great features from other drones removed, before you get your panties in bunch about either statement lets dive into why I feel this way.

First of all, this drone should be appealing to First time Droners, Vloggers, Or seasoned drone pilots who want mobility over hardware. Yet, they slimmed down the DJI GO FLY app so much, I could see it being rather hard to understand for newbies. This confuses me, because the rest of the Mavic Air 2 follows this Ying & yang Imbalance, you get Follow me Mode 3.0, but you loose a proper Tripod mode & in return they enable an even slower mode called Hyperlapse. Yet you cant do film, or control the camera settings or post process very well because its Jpegs compressed to an Mp4.

Another instance is you get a really super controllable gimbal wheel, much more sensitive and responsive to slow adjustments than the Mavic Pro 1, but you loose the Shutter speed wheel on the controller...wtf dji

I also do not like how you only get one Warning to land, and then the drone after a drop to 10% battery will begin to land and you cannot cancel the landing or fight it as much as a Mavic 1 or P3....This is really dangerous for new flyers or those who fly over water. Also the battery on the Iphone display needs some Green or color to see against the hud background, white does not work with clouds or bright skys.

1. Tripod mode needs a secondary mode to limit speed, 11mph is far too fast!
  2. APAS and Trace mode need to follow closer, it hangs behind and then jolts forward to catch up, usually causing in near misses or stops.
  3. Remove the delay between each photo on Hyperlapse mode, & allow aircraft flight controls while video compresses
  4. Battery indicator on iphone needs Green or contrast
  5. Give us Tap to Fly, Waypoint saves, Full time course lock and more battery warnings!
  6. intelligent flight battery modes, dont let someone start a Hyperlapse or flight if they cant return with enough battery.
One correction. You still have full control below 10% battery. Like on the M2, the permitted rate of ascent below 10% is lower than normal, but you can still fully override descent, and also actually ascend, while maneuvering the aircraft back home at under 10%. I recommend ascending before 10%, to the level of elevation that will clear all obstacles on the remaining distance back to the home point. As to the percent battery, red is the current GO 4 color that works great! My issue is with the Quickshots where the ability to draw a box around the point of focus is very sketchy! Touching the iPad screen to draw a box around the center of the screen leads to complete failure most of the time, and the center should be the automatic default, but it is not.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser