DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Transmission Problem

MA2_pilot

Reactions
DJI advertise 10km range, whereas when I fly mine in the surburbs on top of a hill away from trees & from the beach out to sea I only get 600m maximum before it loses signal with the RC and returns home.

I'm really disappointed in that it has 5% of the advertised range. Thinking about returning the product.

Operating with:
  • iphone 6
  • turn off wifi & bluetooth & closed all apps down
Anyone have the same issue? If so, what environmental conditions and technology are you using? Any fix???

DJI advertise 10km range, whereas when I fly mine in the surburbs on top of a hill away from trees & from the beach out to sea I only get 600m maximum before it loses signal with the RC and returns home.

I'm really disappointed in that it has 5% of the advertised range. Thinking about returning the product.

Operating with:
  • iphone 6
  • turn off wifi & bluetooth & closed all apps down
Anyone have the same issue? If so, what environmental conditions and technology are you using? Any fix???
My Air 2 with the Smart controller can do 1800 Ft behind the controller. You should take it back ASAP.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on water.

Possibly a issue with the latest version of the fly app and new FW.
Some have reported many issues with the latest app version.
Roll back to V1.10 and try again.

I’ve got just over 2 Klms out over farmlands before my MA2 started to drop out. I immediately stop, turn around, fly up and forward towards home, and I have always regained signal reasonably quickly.

I achieved 9km on a range test recently. It very nearly went wrong on the way back...

It makes a huge difference if you point your controller correctly at your drone. I used to think I was limited to around 3km. Now I've confirmed that my limiting factor for range is battery capacity, not transmission range.

As for my environment. I fly off the roof of my 30 storey apartment. It gives me direct line of sight for more than 10km in the direction of the range test. There is about 2km of urban environment before I reach a lake that doesn't have much human activity. I even had decent signal when I reached the Huawei research base on the opposite shore of the lake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000