DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 turning problem after firmware update.

Cool, keep me us posted on what their take is on it. If needed I could get a video demonstrating the aircraft banking sideways while only using forward pitch and yaw inputs.
Of course dude I will :) and if you would like to I could for sure pass it on to them for more examples of the issue. When they thought it was just me I think that they were thinking it was an issue with my drone and possible replacing it (I think) but now that there are other people (like yourself) I think they are looking into it anymore, and the second I hear anything you’ll be the first to know.

As stated by my previous posts this has nothing to do with the gimbal and everything to do with the aircraft itself.

The aircraft now banks left or right when you add yaw input while flying forward.
what does the right stick do now ? im guessing it just adds more bank ?

Cool, keep me us posted on what their take is on it. If needed I could get a video demonstrating the aircraft banking sideways while only using forward pitch and yaw inputs.
Great idea if you post a video would love to see it ,ive searched online cant find any.its crazy weather here for the next few days so cant get out to try it properly.

Even while it is stationary hovering in the same position (if I understood well Tyler Jyma's video)
No, it will only introduce a bank when moving forward. I guess it could backwards but I haven't tried. If you are hovering it will just yaw like normal.

I'm going to get a video of it here this evening and post it, hopefully!

Reactions: TylerJma
ok see what you mean from the sims ,if its turning in forward motion that much what on earth does the right stick add !
maybe only to track sideways now . ?
i do personally like the way in forward motion that it banks on the left /right yaw stick more like a real aircraft i guess.
i think its better tbh.but i guess its a personal thing ,i never was happy the way it flew when trying to turn (bank) i hope mine fly's like the one in real flight fingers crossed for a flight tomorrow.

I don’t have much to add. Haven’t been flying my MA2 for very long. But I immediately noticed the difference after the firmware update. Mine also now will bank when flying forward and introducing left or right inputs. You won’t notice it looking at the screen if you have it set to follow. But looking at the aircraft Itself while flying I can see it clearly banking which it did not do prior to the update. Hasn’t caused me any problems as of yet. I’ll be curious if this is intentional or not. I didn’t push it very hard so can’t tell you how severe the banking might get with higher speeds and harder inputs. I should add all my observations were flying in normal mode.

Last edited:
This is known as channel mixing used in rc models.
The controller can be programmed so when you use the rudder(yaw) stick, automatically feeds some percentage of aileron (roll) input to make the turn smoother.

I may have missed something here .... I don't have the MA2 but this is the path I got with my M2P when full rudder + full elevator are applied. The craft did not assume a constant bank angle but it didn't stay level either as indicated by the artificial horizon. I don't know what can be achieved with this kind of movement but is this what the OP want ?

Last edited:
well chaps ive been out and used 2 batteries whilst testing and playing ,i can report that she does bank a little on the yaw stick in forward or backward motion but to me its way better i cannot understand what the issue is sorry chaps its great the aircraft flies better im sure its an upgrade .to the flight characteristics of the aircraft ,its easier to turn and steer makes for smoother video.just my findings ? ;)

I mean it sounds like the same characteristics mentioned in the thread.
yes i got ya . mine flew great today i did lots of low level flying and it now turns rather than spinning round like a demented fly,dont get me wrong if you move slowly you can still rotate but you need to make sure you dont have the yaw set too slow.

yes i got ya . mine flew great today i did lots of low level flying and it now turns rather than spinning round like a demented fly,dont get me wrong if you move slowly you can still rotate but you need to make sure you dont have the yaw set too slow.

Yes I like this behavor while in full pitch and full yaw:

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I like it myself and I more or less fly to fly. Haven't done much video type stuff lately so I can't say how it will affect that.

Seems like a win really!

Hey guys I see you are all still here, and I just wanted to say I’ve heard nothing from dji yet but hopefully soon. I see there are more people who noticed the change and I’ll report that to them.

Hey guys I see you are all still here, and I just wanted to say I’ve heard nothing from dji yet but hopefully soon. I see there are more people who noticed the change and I’ll report that to them.
im sure when dji look into it they will just say its a change to enhance the flying capabilities. it has changed but all i can see is for the better in fact its way better.. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa