DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 250USD Cheaper than DJI Official? Trustworthy?

MeowMeow

Reactions
Hi

I don't have any DJI products. But I have always been interested in owning one. This Mavic Air with its capability and price hit me right on so I decide to buyone, I find a few source including my local dealer, DJI.com and this one one rcgroups.com and I compare other similar site like Tomtop and Gearbest.

DJI Mavic Air 1049USD to Europe, Better Than DJI.COM - RC Groups

It seems to be a great deal. But I am a bit worried about their shipping and actual product they deliver. Does any of your have dealt with these site before? Any feedback will be welcomed.

Your profile doesn't show where you're located, so i make up an example:

If some company outside the EU ships goods into the European Union, the importer/buyer has to pay import tax and VAT. (The amount depends on which country you're in)
So, is there a real advantage after adding those additional costs? Do a calculation by your own.

Be also aware how DJI handles international warranty, i.e. buying in the U.S. and your product is shipped to Germany, you do not have warranty from DJI, you have to deal with your vendor in the states.

Reactions: RLW8888
I live in France and i have done some research too. I know DJI has DJI Care which cost less than 99EUR which can solve my warranty problem ( 2 free replacement in case of crash)and they have a shipping option that cover posibble tax. I am now more concerned about the trustworthiness of this site .

Last edited:
Watch out, DJI does not have international warranty, much safer buying from a European authorised dealer.

It will be easier to get warranty rather than having to send the AC all the way back to China and then relying on the retailer to get you warranty, they may not help you with this.

Buy DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Air) I just confirm you can bind your machine from China with local DJI Care. That means 2 free replacements. Now only problem left is their shipping really tax free?

Don't forget in addition to the cost of Care Refresh of 99 EUR there are the replacement costs of 89 EUR and 119 EUR for the times you use it, also note with care refresh, you have to return the AC to DJI to enact it each time.

I also notice with care refresh that DJI will only cover the postage costs if your in the region where you purchased the AC, not really sure what this means for overseas purchases

Historically with DJI products you need a lot of protection, I see that care refresh as being necessary extra protection in addition to the warranty rather than replacing it, but it's your choice ultimately.

I also would not take the risk with geekbuying

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc