DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 4kms out - Almost lost her

Wow, that was close! Nice long range though! Are the SR antenna hard to fit?

I would like to share the video of my experience that day...I am not doing this again.

I've just crashed my Mavic Pro and The battery was at 6% and it dropped like a stone straight onto concrete right in front of me I'll never go under 15% battery again now that has happened to me. It's cost me 300 pound to fix everything

Ended up needing all arms replacing apart from one back one. Middle casing top casing all the camera wires brackets.
Lesson learned I tell you. 20180730_212320.jpeg20180730_212337.jpeg20180730_212410.jpeg

Wow, that was close! Nice long range though! Are the SR antenna hard to fit?
At first I was a little worried of doing it myself but I bit the bullet and did it. Not that bad, but everything is packed really tight. The thing I struggled the most was getting the stock antennas out, I broke one. Anyway I am not returning the RC to stock.

Ok few things...
My heart actually started pounding a bit when it was 3% and over the highway there... I kept thinking about crash and run over dead MA lol..

Did you do sport mode at all? Wondering if instead of allowing rth you manually kicked into high gear and booted it home, might have been better.

What were you using to display your details during the video?

Please test it again...

I've just crashed my Mavic Pro and The battery was at 6% and it dropped like a stone straight onto concrete right in front of me I'll never go under 15% battery again now that has happened to me. It's cost me 300 pound to fix everything

Ended up needing all arms replacing apart from one back one. Middle casing top casing all the camera wires brackets.
Lesson learned I tell you. View attachment 43441View attachment 43442View attachment 43443
Sorry for your loss. I think I got lucky.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Ok few things...
My heart actually started pounding a bit when it was 3% and over the highway there... I kept thinking about crash and run over dead MA lol..

Did you do sport mode at all? Wondering if instead of allowing rth you manually kicked into high gear and booted it home, might have been better.

What were you using to display your details during the video?

Please test it again...
No I didn’t use sport mode, I guess I thought is not the most battery efficient mode. I did had full forward stick on my way back, it actually increases the rth speed.
I will test again, this time with a diaper on...

The software is dashware.net, a now free piece of sw. google dashware+dji+gauges and you will find some tutorials.

It's really bad to run lithium batteries to zero, and unsafe to fly your drone below about 20%. If you want to keep your drone and batteries in good shape, I suggest not pushing it to the absolute limits :)

It's really bad to run lithium batteries to zero, and unsafe to fly your drone below about 20%. If you want to keep your drone and batteries in good shape, I suggest not pushing it to the absolute limits :)
Absolutely definitely not go under 15 % I know I won't.

The noise when mine hit the concrete in front of me in the car park I was stood was loud it echoed and that was only from 60 feet.

No I didn’t use sport mode, I guess I thought is not the most battery efficient mode. I did had full forward stick on my way back, it actually increases the rth speed.
I will test again, this time with a diaper on...

The software is dashware.net, a now free piece of sw. google dashware+dji+gauges and you will find some tutorials.

I was hoping it wasn't dashware, that software crashes on bootup for me. Don't know why. Tried previous versions too.. I have all the framework installed too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada