DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Altitude Limit

Why is set to 500 meters? When the legal high imposed by FCC is 120 meters maximum. Unless you are a commercial pilot with the 107 certification and needs to go beyond the legal limit.
Because that is incorrect. There is no legal limit for height on hobby flight, only VLOS.

GPS is three dimensional (actually, four including time) and the meadata on the dng images shows altitude msl. This snip from IMatch shows the image metadata lat, long, altitude next to the image of me and another geologist at the launch point which is 325 m msl.metadata.png

When flying my Mavic Air in the mountains 1500m above sea level, I can't get more than 10 feet off the ground before max altitude alert shows.

When flying my Mavic Air in the mountains 1500m above sea level, I can't get more than 10 feet off the ground before max altitude alert shows.
Something's not quite right there.
Sea level is irrelevant to the Mavic and any altitude limits.
Are you sure you mean 10 feet?

Go into your app settings and see what is showing for your Max Altitude Limit.

Something's not quite right there.
Sea level is irrelevant to the Mavic and any altitude limits.
Are you sure you mean 10 feet?

Go into your app settings and see what is showing for your Max Altitude Limit.

My max altitude is set at 500m. I've had it up that far no problem when at low ground level but when I'm up high my Air maybe goes up another 3 to 6m and stays there. I can fly around anywhere at that altitude but no higher.

My max altitude is set at 500m. I've had it up that far no problem when at low ground level but when I'm up high my Air maybe goes up another 3 to 6m and stays there. I can fly around anywhere at that altitude but no higher.
If you were saying it would only climb to 30 metres, I'd advise signing out of your DJI a/c in the app and signing in again.
I've never heard of a drone only flying at 5 or 6 metres and can't think of anything that would cause that.
It shouldn't make any difference but have you tried launching from somewhere lower?

Perhaps your recorded flight data has some clues.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your .txt flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

I've had it up that far no problem when at low ground level but when I'm up high my Air maybe goes up another 3 to 6m and stays there. I can fly around anywhere at that altitude but no higher.
Your GPS signal is not good; the manual states:
GPSweak.JPG

yes above sea level has no bearing on flights, i go up the mountains all the time with my mav and she will always go to the max altitude no matter where i launch from be it sea level or 4k ft above

I tried that, but unless I'm badly missing something, Mavic Air is not on the supported list of nolimitdronez and it will not work. I paid my money and I tried, it mis-recognizes the device as a Mavic Pro and then can't connect.

The Mavic Air should be recognized; however, it does not support the Altitude Removal feature.

IMG_0627.JPG

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest