DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Battery Issues

buddukes

Reactions
I purchased my Mavic Air in April. I have the low battery warning setting set at 20%. Twice (a couple of weeks ago and last night) I have had the battery reach 20%, the drone begins to return home, tells me I only have enough battery to return home, and then immediately jumps to 0% (from 18% the first time and from 15% last night) and starts coming down rapidly...almost a free fall the first time - thankfully I was able to get the drone over grass before a hard landing. After these instances, neither battery will charge and the green LED indicators don't light up at all when pressing the button on the battery. When I put either battery on the charging hub that came with the Fly More kit, the LED indicator turns Red after a few seconds. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Now two of my three batteries are inoperable. This is my first DJI product experience. Anyone from DJI on the forum who can provide guidance on how to remedy this? Thanks!

Reinstall the firmware. Make sure the batteries all get updated. I leave my warning at 30%, I don't mind the blaring sirens, heck, I'm married with kids, I can handle racket.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Reinstall the firmware. Make sure the batteries all get updated. I leave my warning at 30%, I don't mind the blaring sirens, heck, I'm married with kids, I can handle racket.
Not sure how would I reinstall the firmware. Neither of those two batteries will charge, neither responds to the button being pushed, and neither will power the drone. Is there another way to do so without the battery that needs to be updated being in the drone? Thanks!

Not sure how would I reinstall the firmware. Neither of those two batteries will charge, neither responds to the button being pushed, and neither will power the drone. Is there another way to do so without the battery that needs to be updated being in the drone? Thanks!

I'd lodge a support case with DJI in this case, sounds like the batteries have gone bad if the charger is flashing red. Have you by chance tried connecting batteries directly to the charger (bypassing the hub) ?

I'd lodge a support case with DJI in this case, sounds like the batteries have gone bad if the charger is flashing red. Have you by chance tried connecting batteries directly to the charger (bypassing the hub) ?

Yes, tried that too, still no charging.

Here are logs for the two flights. Easy to see near the end of the flights where the battery instantly jumps from in the teens to 0%.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-30_[20-14-41].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • DJIFlightRecord_2018-06-14_[20-50-31].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member