DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air briefly fell out of the sky, then steadied itself.

KP index affects electronics. It wouldn't have affected the drone that way. The motor rev up, but it was still falling.

Ever since the KP index issue was first raised it has been wheeled out to account for all kinds of unrelated behavior. I suspect we could find a closer correlation between KP index and sea levels than with UAV incidents.

Reactions: Stimmy
Had almost similar episode, I thought was a wind shear.
Live record, jump to minute 3:00

Jump to 00:30 on log record, please note an horizontal speed > 120kph from 0:55

Had almost similar episode, I thought was a wind shear.
Live record, jump to minute 3:00

Jump to 00:30 on log record, please note an horizontal speed > 120kph from 0:55

Mine did something similar too but that was before i was a member of this forum and i didn't know who to ask for help. Over 2 months ago now and hasn't done the same thing since.

I assume that you mean the period of unstable flight starting at around 210 s. It's hard to know exactly what is going on there - the winds were quite gusty and you were applying a lot of rapid control inputs.

Lot of control inputs because i was trying to control my mavic that become uncontrollable. If you look at the footage you can have a clear idea of what was happening.

Lot of control inputs because i was trying to control my mavic that become uncontrollable. If you look at the footage you can have a clear idea of what was happening.

Yes - I watched the video. My point was simply that it is difficult to isolate the flight characteristics due to the wind and the control inputs. I agree that it looks somewhat similar to the OP report.

There’s always one!
maybe.....the op wasnt aware of los,,,,,,,,woulda been helpful then,i would want to know

Recorded max speed of 128.56 kph. wow! Calculated max gust only 48 kph.
I can think of 2 things.
1. Being windy and on a mountainous area, the wind can be unpredictable as the wind is being shaped and redirected by the mountain's profile. It seems like it was being blown in the opposite direction of the prevailing wind. Maybe some localize vortex?
2. There's a max 0.5 sec between control input and drone response. Bear in mind there's a bit of time delay between your stick input, drone response and video feed. Try not to react to quickly on the stick.
Basically, I don't think it's a technical glitch. Just environmental influence.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots