DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air crashed and broke rear arm

xeeshanajmal

Reactions
Hi everyone..

Today my mavic air just crashed into a rock. The rear leg is broken but still intact and there is some scratches on the top cover. Pictures are attached. It is just a couple of months old and I didn't uses the card.

Should I send it to DJI Repair or is there any other solution..?? I am in Saudi Arabia and I don't have too many options here. The nearest DJI repair is in Kuwait.

Second question is that will it be covered in warranty or I have to pay the whole sum..??

Your guidance and suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot..746798

Attachments

• 20190606_205205.jpg
    20190606_205205.jpg
    834.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190606_205523.jpg
    20190606_205523.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 42
If you have Care Refresh, send it. Otherwise I don't think it falls under warranty as it was you who crashed it :p

You can replace that entire arm assembly together with the mount, it's around $50 on Amazon. Requires a bit of soldering.

Reactions: xeeshanajmal
If you have Care Refresh, send it. Otherwise I don't think it falls under warranty as it was you who crashed it :p

You can replace that entire arm assembly together with the mount, it's around $50 on Amazon. Requires a bit of soldering.

I have Care Refresh. I bought around 2 months ago. Care Refresh will cover the cost..??
and Thanks for your guidance.

It looks like the leg is fine,.. From the photo, all you need is the leg attachments axis..

This will require complete disassembly and de-soldering the motor to fix.

If you have Care Refresh maybe just do that.74770

Reactions: xeeshanajmal
I have Care Refresh. I bought around 2 months ago. Care Refresh will cover the cost..??
and Thanks for your guidance.
Use your Care Refresh. It’s why you bought it. Then in a worst case scenario of some malfunction on the replacement you have free options to get it right. Self modifying might void your Refresh.

^^^voided warranty^^^ mentioned by Thomas is the correct reason to send it to DJI, but also with care refresh, they might find that there was a malfunction and will replace it for free anyway and you don’t have to use your credits yet.

Reactions: Thomas B
Yes, with care refresh I would just send it in. You get 2 replacements if necessary under care refresh. You could get into repairs and soldering after that if necessary. Hopefully, it won't be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic