DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air + Evil camera in the same case

erwol

Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm leaving for Colombia next Saturday and I'm currently trying to optimize my camera bag. I thought about taking only one len with me and filling the rest of the space in my camera bag with my Mavic Air + it's controller. Thing is, the mavic doesn't fit my camera bag while inside it's original case, which I always brought everywhere. Do you think I may break the mavic traveling with it like this? Did someone travelled with a Mavic Air without it's original case? Maybe I should remove the blades while in transit? Any recommendations are more than welcome. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20190801_165720.jpg
    IMG_20190801_165720.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
U might wanna consider removing the props before sloting it in?

This position likely might bend the props should there be any impact from the botton when u putting down ur bag.
U wouldnt want to be flying your expensive bird with bended props.

Good luck and have fun dude.. cheers

Reactions: dawgpilot and erwol
Thanks for the idea, I personally don't feel too confident removing them too often, seems like the most fragile thing in the device, but you're right, they may easily bend in that position.

Reactions: Air_Joe
Props are easy to remove.
Its designed to be that way, with the ‘ catch and lock system‘. If u got the technique right, it a push and turn motion, it will not damage anythg at all.

For example, Unlike screws, keep taking in and out might damage the screw thread. But not the props lock.
Just my 2cents

Reactions: erwol
U might wanna consider removing the props before sloting it in?

This position likely might bend the props should there be any impact from the botton when u putting down ur bag.
U wouldnt want to be flying your expensive bird with bended props.

Good luck and have fun dude.. cheers

The position of the Drone is exactly the same as if it was in the M2P Case supplied in the Fly More kit. Inc leaving props on.

The position of the Drone is exactly the same as if it was in the M2P Case supplied in the Fly More kit. Inc leaving props on.
Hey ZX14-R, good point, didn't know about that case. We might be taking extra care of our babies, thinking they're more fragile than they actually are! Thanks for the input mate :)

Reactions: ZX14-R
only difference is the mavic air case comes in a perfect mould, for the bird to sit nicely without moving around .

I personally have traveled many times with my MA in a bag similar to that in fact even smaller and I have had no issues. I have my MA, remote controller, and 4 batteries that fit in the main bag and other items like ND filters, extra props in the side pockets. If I remember I will take a picture when I get home to show you all.

Attachments

• 70F2A5CD-6BBB-4349-B7D3-6E7A02FA02A2.jpeg
    70F2A5CD-6BBB-4349-B7D3-6E7A02FA02A2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 94F562BA-621B-4745-8D1A-250EE8636A4C.jpeg
    94F562BA-621B-4745-8D1A-250EE8636A4C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Wrap a light dish towel or a T-shirt around it. It will stop the blades from moving and keep them tucked safely against the body of the drone. Plus it's a little extra padding.

Not as good as your case, of course, but it will stop the blades getting exposed to bending.

Reactions: erwol and Air_Joe

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji