DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air FCC mode vs Mavic 2 CE mode range/link quality

dgronjord

Reactions
I'm thinking about getting a Mavic 2 but as I mostly fly in CE areas I'm wondering about the the range/link quality of the M2 compared to the Air with the latter in FCC mode. In areas with a lot of wi-fi networks I get a lot of connection problems even over shorter distances with the Air in CE mode and FCC mode really helps.

I don't doubt the M2 is better than the Air when both are in CE or FCC mode but can I expect about the same range/link quality with M2 in CE as with the Air in CE? Or will I be disappointed with the performance of the M2 in this regard?

(It's my understanding it's quite tricky to override the mode on the M2.)

Honestly, you wouldnt know until you tried. The Mavic 2 will try to find a clean channel on both 5Ghz/2.4Ghz bands whereas the Air will pick one clean channel (Auto) on bootup and stick with that.

Have both the air and the Mavic 2 so can shed some light..
Air is set to FCC mode (couldnt get 400m away in CE mode) and the furthest I have flown it is around 1km. It starts losing video around 700m and is heavily influenced by the surroundings. The Mavic 2 is in EC mode and I have been 4.5km out with it with absolutely no loss of video signal. Infact never had any signal issues ever with the m2p but is a frequent thing on the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hussy112233