DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic AIR firmware update 01.00.0400 (May 03, 2018)

When I was analysing my logs one thing that jumped out at me was in the time just before it would yaw, the delta between yaw and magyaw was constant for IMU(0) but IMU(1) would start to deviate beyond 25degrees before the yaw would start.

I was under the impression IMU1 is only used as a backup if IMU0 fails for whatever reason so unsure if this is the reason my drone likes to yaw on its own. In any case no errors of any sort on the go4 app. My gut feeling is the compass is feeding the IMU some bad data (not detected as interference) and the drone is trying to adjust based on the data it receives.

Both my MAs are on FW300, one has the issue, the other does not.

When I was analysing my logs one thing that jumped out at me was in the time just before it would yaw, the delta between yaw and magyaw was constant for IMU(0) but IMU(1) would start to deviate beyond 25degrees before the yaw would start.

I was under the impression IMU1 is only used as a backup if IMU0 fails for whatever reason so unsure if this is the reason my drone likes to yaw on its own. In any case no errors of any sort on the go4 app. My gut feeling is the compass is feeding the IMU some bad data (not detected as interference) and the drone is trying to adjust based on the data it receives.

Both my MAs are on FW300, one has the issue, the other does not.

My logs show something very similar.

UPDATE: So after redoing the Visual Calibration through DJI assistant and doing a remote sticks calibration, along with uninstalling and reinstalling GO4, the problem seems to have been resolved.
I had similar issues and followed your steps including IMU and compass calibration. I also did a refresh of the .0400 firmware and all together seems to have fixed the slow yaw and drifting problems. I also had an issue where right after take-off, while hovering and checking sticks, it would do a quick 45-degree yaw to the left on its own. That issue continues to appear on occasion. Will be happy to see an update.

Shame on DJI :mad:
They build a customer Product and I must be an Engineer to make a safe fly !

I had similar issues and followed your steps including IMU and compass calibration. I also did a refresh of the .0400 firmware and all together seems to have fixed the slow yaw and drifting problems. I also had an issue where right after take-off, while hovering and checking sticks, it would do a quick 45-degree yaw to the left on its own. That issue continues to appear on occasion. Will be happy to see an update.
Glad to hear it fixed your problem even if sparaticly. Mines doing the same thing now. Its still everyonce in awhile drifts and overall just isn't as responsive and hovering in perfect place like it used to do prior to the update... but at least it's flying.

Hi, I've brand new Mavic Air (I have also a Phantom 4 pro). When aircraft connect to remote, it shows a firmware update 1.01.400. I don't like to update fw by remote controller, so I attached to DJI Assistant 1.2.4, who tells me the software is updated to the last 1.01.400. Wazz...
So I cleared firmware cache in the DJI Go 4 then I reconnect aircraft. Guess what ?! Again DJI GO asked me to update aircraft fw ...
Going in the DJI Go "About" I saw something very strange: it reports 0.02.0044 as aircraft fw version ?!
Does anyone have same version or know why?

Hi, I've brand new Mavic Air (I have also a Phantom 4 pro). When aircraft connect to remote, it shows a firmware update 1.01.400. I don't like to update fw by remote controller, so I attached to DJI Assistant 1.2.4, who tells me the software is updated to the last 1.01.400. Wazz...
So I cleared firmware cache in the DJI Go 4 then I reconnect aircraft. Guess what ?! Again DJI GO asked me to update aircraft fw ...
Going in the DJI Go "About" I saw something very strange: it reports 0.02.0044 as aircraft fw version ?!
Does anyone have same version or know why?
Have you more than one battery? If so, it could be that some of them haven't been updated in-line with the MA's FW

Have you more than one battery? If so, it could be that some of them haven't been updated in-line with the MA's FW

I soon discovered that my Mavic Air has really installed a misterious v0.02.0044 fw version.. Rebooting PC and re-running DJI Assistant finally I could update to last version 1.01.400. I needed to do for all the batteries too. Now it's fine also for DJI Go 4.
Thanks..

Hi all, I have a problem after update, camera error and blank, any solution please?

A long intresting Thread, but what is the conclusion ?
If DJI thinks all is OK with .400 FW nothing happens. (i have also the Yaw Glitch)

So we sits patient and wait what happens in the future :(

greetings from Germany and safe flights for everyone

After my near fly away last time I flew the MA, I will not be flying it until firmware is updated. It does drastic yaw movements on its own. Don't use tapfly. The compass problem sets you up to fly away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet