DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic AIR firmware update 01.00.0400 (May 03, 2018)

I've been having issues after update. My MA now drifts and rotates on it's own. While recording it would start to pan left, i would constantly try to compensate and it would then continue to rotate. After a few seconds it would stop. MA also would drift continuously to the left. I redid all my settings after update. Did compass calibration and IMU as well. I'm positive this is because of the update, everything worked perfectly before the firmware update. I've updated the drone, remote and batteries using Assistant 2.. I also made sure i Downloaded the newest version of GO4. I've run visual calibration through Assistant as well as a remote calibration for the sticks on remote. Took off at 3 different locations, miles apart in an open field with no concrete or metal.

I'm out of ideas since i can't roll back the firmware. Mean while my Air is unflyable and everyday i'm loosing potential money. I've had the AIR for a month (first DJI product) and i gotta say i'm super disappointed and annoyed by DJI, their lack of customer service and the constant issues and trouble shooting involved with the AIR. Hope this firmware issues resolved soon or they're gonna loose a loyal customer. I want to love this product so much...... but DJI is making it real hard.

UPDATE: So after redoing the Visual Calibration through DJI assistant and doing a remote sticks calibration, along with uninstalling and reinstalling GO4, the problem seems to have been resolved. I don't know if it was a combonation of all of these, or if it was just one of them that fixed it. But, Air now hovers in place and doesn't shift. Fly's straight and doesn't seem to rotate on its own anymore. Flew in various flight modes as well as Sport, all seemed to work fine. I'm also not getting tons of compass calibration alerts anymore. Very weird...

Hope that helps anyone with similar issue.

Tried the stick calibration only, but have not tested the results yet. However if all shows allready 0% before you start it the calibration should not make a lot of sense...

Does anyone think this new firmware upgrade effects the FCC mode, for when one flies in a CE region?

UPDATE: So after redoing the Visual Calibration through DJI assistant and doing a remote sticks calibration, along with uninstalling and reinstalling GO4, the problem seems to have been resolved. I don't know if it was a combonation of all of these, or if it was just one of them that fixed it. But, Air now hovers in place and doesn't shift. Fly's straight and doesn't seem to rotate on its own anymore. Flew in various flight modes as well as Sport, all seemed to work fine. I'm also not getting tons of compass calibration alerts anymore. Very weird...

Hope that helps anyone with similar issue.
I found the fix to be deleting the app and reinstalling it. Tried stick calibration first but that didn’t help at all.

Guys,

I have seen the same issues with Litchi and with DJI Go 4. I really don't think the app has anything to do with this problem based on the trends I am seeing in the logs of what is happening. I can see where it may turn left or right and in some cases reverse while turning if left long enough. It also depends on the direction the drone is pointed.

Guys,

I have seen the same issues with Litchi and with DJI Go 4. I really don't think the app has anything to do with this problem based on the trends I am seeing in the logs of what is happening. I can see where it may turn left or right and in some cases reverse while turning if left long enough. It also depends on the direction the drone is pointed.
Yeah it’s doing the same thing switching between android and Apple devices. Seems to be about the first couple of minutes it acts weird. Fly it away from ya and it’ll curve to the left or right and move around in the air a bit more than normal. After a couple minutes it goes away and acts fine. At least with mine. Direction did not seem to have any impact on mine what so ever. Yet at least. Guess just chalk it up as another botched firmware update from dji and hope they fix it without screwing anything else up. Lol

Well, I won't argue that it could be a number of things, and whether or not it is or isn't the app... But all I know is after doing the three things i mentioned in my post previously. (visual & stick calibration, along with reinstall of GO4) I've been flying for a week with no issues. An additional side note: My flights have been longer and both signal and video transmission strengths have been better than ever.

Updated to 01.00.0400 this morning. Used DJI GO 4 app, Quad powered up and connected to controller and iPad (Just like I was going to fly). Clicked the red update notice on the GO 4 app start up page and waited. Updated successfully. Turned Quad, controller, and APP all off. Restarted everything and they all linked right up.

Had to reset the EXP settings, and return to home altitude. There may have been other things but I also may have been using defaults in some cases.

Flew two batteries and no noticeable problems.

Good Luck
Same here. Everything normal. No big issue found yet.

Another 3 batteries worth with absolutely no problems at all, even with relatively strong winds.

You guys with no problems ever do a hover test where you take the drone up above the bottom sensor range (> ~60ft) wait and see if it slowly rotates? Try all 4 quadrants.

Also try going full forward and full up at the same time and see if you get the motor warning.

You guys with no problems ever do a hover test where you take the drone up above the bottom sensor range (> ~60ft) wait and see if it slowly rotates? Try all 4 quadrants.

Also try going full forward and full up at the same time and see if you get the motor warning.
As I said, no problems. Why is it that those that have ‘problems’ seem to think that those that don’t actually do, but aren’t saying?!

Last edited:
As I said, no problems. Why is it that those that have ‘problems’ seem to think that those that don’t actually do, but aren’t saying?!

Nobody ever said you had or knew you had a problem but were not saying....

The post I made above is because some don't notice them or just have not discovered it yet. A few of these issues require a certain circumstance or sequence of events to manifest themselves..... Over the past month, several have reported this very fact.

If your drone does not have the issue, great for you! My drone never had any of the prior issues that have been reported until this update came along. I hope your drone never has any issues but please don't discount those that do because you may be next.

By the way, a USA based DJI support manager has confirmed that DJI has been able to replicate these issues and that they are firmware related and that they are working on a fix. These drones are incredibly complex critters. Gyros, Accelerometers, Magnetometers, etc. all are full of errors out of the box and the manufacturers use various techniques to calibrate out these errors. They also have tolerances that can stack up and create issues. This can possibly help explain why some drones may have issues while others don't on the same firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: WTFoxtrot
Nobody ever said you had or knew you had a problem but were not saying....

The post I made above is because some don't notice them or just have not discovered it yet. A few of these issues require a certain circumstance or sequence of events to manifest themselves..... Over the past month, several have reported this very fact.

If your drone does not have the issue, great for you! My drone never had any of the prior issues that have been reported until this update came along. I hope your drone never has any issues but please don't discount those that do because you may be next.

By the way, a USA based DJI support manager has confirmed that DJI has been able to replicate these issues and that they are firmware related and that they are working on a fix. These drones are incredibly complex critters. Gyros, Accelerometers, Magnetometers, etc. all are full of errors out of the box and the manufacturers use various techniques to calibrate out these errors. They also have tolerances that can stack up and create issues. This can possibly help explain why some drones may have issues while others don't on the same firmware.
I only made my comment to give some element of balance to the discussion. As always, there appears to be a major issue because of the negative threads on here. However, those of us that don’t have a problem don’t post every time we have successful flights. Hence there is no way of telling if this is a major issue impacting the majority, or just an unfortunate few.

I only made my comment to give some element of balance to the discussion. As always, there appears to be a major issue because of the negative threads on here. However, those of us that don’t have a problem don’t post every time we have successful flights. Hence there is no way of telling if this is a major issue impacting the majority, or just an unfortunate few.
I know two other people within 20 miles of me that have a Mavic Air with the new firmware and we all have the same problems from his firmware update. Difference is you are in the uk and I’m in the United States. Is your firmware update exactly the same as the one released to the United States? Maybe,maybe not. Only dji really knows the answer to that.

I know two other people within 20 miles of me that have a Mavic Air with the new firmware and we all have the same problems from his firmware update. Difference is you are in the uk and I’m in the United States. Is your firmware update exactly the same as the one released to the United States? Maybe,maybe not. Only dji really knows the answer to that.
I’ll give you that, it’s a fair point!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan