DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Fly Away -- and recovery.

Miksterr

Reactions
Wondering if some more experienced pilots can please have a look at this log and advise what may have gone wrong please?

Let me know if you need more info as this is the first time I have uploaded here.

The trouble occurred later in the flight when if took off, hitting just over 100kph and then settling (It took a while to level out)

Mike.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2 MB · Views: 276
  • 2.png
    2.png
    4 MB · Views: 271
  • 3.png
    3.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 262
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

As I said, will upload.txt file tomorrow.

And no genius, the wind was below 5 knots.

We will see about that when the logs are looked at. Either you have the fastest Mavic ever built, or it was being helped with wind.
As for the name calling, if it has to be something I guess I dont mind Genius. Maybe thats why I have never lost my Mavic. :D3.png

I have seen this flight path before. Went downwind fine, when they tried to turn around and come back, the wind was too great to overcome. Thus the "fish hooked" flight path. Just a theory. The logs will tell!

Last edited:
As I said, will upload.txt file tomorrow.

And no genius, the wind was below 5 knots.
There’s no way an MA can do over 100kph on its own, must have either been a tail wind at altitude that you hadn’t measured, of it was in a nose down dive!

Ps With reference to your terse “genius” comment, he was trying to help! If you don’t want help, don’t come on here!

Here is the link to the log.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Thanks again.

Mike.

I'm not quite sure exactly what you are asking about - is it just the brief high-speed excursion? The aircraft appears to have responded appropriately to stick inputs throughout the flight, with mostly normal flight characteristics. There were a number of "attitude too large" warnings, but those were marginal - for almost all of the flight the pitch and roll values were within the 25° maximum imposed in P-GPS mode. Have you altered any of the gain values?

The velocity excursion to 29 m/s (65 mph) at 454 seconds is recorded in both the IMU velocity measurements and position data, but is probably not correct since neither pitch nor roll were excessive at that time.

Reactions: BudWalker
Hey man not sure if you remember me but you helped me a while with a question. So I have another question lol

I was flying in emerald isle yesterday and out of no where I got a motor current problem check proppelers and land immediately as I'm doing that I hear a chopping sound coming from motors.
So I land check the props that are brand new take off again and the problem goes away?
Maybe a good idea to delete this and start your own thread? Might confuse the flow of this thread otherwise

I'm not quite sure exactly what you are asking about - is it just the brief high-speed excursion? The aircraft appears to have responded appropriately to stick inputs throughout the flight, with mostly normal flight characteristics. There were a number of "attitude too large" warnings, but those were marginal - for almost all of the flight the pitch and roll values were within the 25° maximum imposed in P-GPS mode. Have you altered any of the gain values?

The velocity excursion to 29 m/s (65 mph) at 454 seconds is recorded in both the IMU velocity measurements and position data, but is probably not correct since neither pitch nor roll were excessive at that time.
Is it me being thick or has the OP deleted the original question and associated ‘comments’? If so, this thread may as well be closed

He said it was lost and recovered.... I saw a couple high wind warnings in his log. Looks like it landed near a mile away from where he took off.

He said it was lost and recovered.... I saw a couple high wind warnings in his log. Looks like it landed near a mile away from where he took off.

Yes - but aside from one anomalous speed excursion that had little effect on the overall flight, I'm not sure what he thinks happened. Without a more detailed description than "trouble" I'm not sure what to focus on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54