DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air I Phone or Android

Phantom1950

Reactions
Just had delivery of my new Mavic Air in black,but as i have Iphone and android I am not sure if i can use Android on it.Has anyone purchased one yet and if so what are you using.and whats best.

You can install DJI GO 4 on either an Apple or Android device. You'll find it in the app store on your mobile device.

I keep a list of recommended and commonly used phones and tables here.

You can install DJI GO 4 on either an Apple or Android device. You'll find it in the app store on your mobile device.

I keep a list of recommended and commonly used phones and tables here.
Thank you I have DJIgo4 on both my phones but I was not sure if I could use either phone on the Air.but am sure I saw an android connector in the kit as it comes with I phone connector.

I updated my firmware on everything first and then used my Google Pixel 2 with the latest android Go app and have had no issues. Love this thing. Compact...easy to fly...great video and stills. Enjoy.

Reactions: Phantom1950
I updated my firmware on everything first and then used my Google Pixel 2 with the latest android Go app and have had no issues. Love this thing. Compact...easy to fly...great video and stills. Enjoy.
Hye I want to know if i can use my Samsung Galaxy S8 on the Air,i do have an I Phone 6 but not sure if it would work.also is it easy to do the firmware updates,compared to my typhoon H and phantom 4 pro.

Reactions: Phantom1950
Hye I want to know if i can use my Samsung Galaxy S8 on the Air,i do have an I Phone 6 but not sure if it would work.also is it easy to do the firmware updates,compared to my typhoon H and phantom 4 pro.

The S8 is not the best device to fit in the jaws of the MA controller, I find that the home button is blocked by the jaws of the MA controller, so you always have to have that end of the phone less secure as you can't push it in all the way into the jaws.

The other way is to get a third party plate and raised clamp like the Mavmount, apparently they are coming out with a Mavic Air compatible version

The easiest way to do updates is to use DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

Last edited:
Truthfully the firmware updates were a piece of cake this time. I come from the spark so a lot of nervousness I had with that being my first drone is no longer much of an issue with this one. I can't tell you which phone (android or iphone) is better I just know that I have had decent results with my google phone.

Can you help me if huawei nova 2i will work with mavic air or dji go 4?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark