DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air IMU Calibration

daddi1998

Reactions
I just opened the new mavic but it gives me this error (IMU Calibration, Accelerometer Failed, Gimbal cannot receive MC data.) How can I resolve?IMG_4030 2.PNG

Turn it off and on again.
Make sure it's leveled when it starts up again.
You can recalibrate IMU. But for others, if problem still persists, contact DJI.

I realize it would completely suck to send your drone back and wait for a replacement. When you consider the production backlog, it would be like 3 weeks at best, that doesn't include the New Year's celebration currently taking place. So, if I were you, I would try just about everything before I did that.
Things I would try, keeping in mind that I am only trying to give unprofessional/friendly advice:
1) Strip everything down to the basics (remove the battery, remove gimble cover, remove any installed SD card, remove any ND filters, remove prop guards).
2) Charge everything to maximum (Mavic Air and Remote Controller battery to 100%)
3) Install the 100% charged battery into the Mavic Air (do not turn on yet)
4) Check your viewing device for latest application update. "Check for updates on your Cell/tablet" Install any new application update.
5) Turn on your remote controller
6) Connect your viewing device but DO NOT OPEN THE APPLICATION...YET
7) Turn on the Mavic Air...ensuring no SD card, and a full battery.
8) When the remote lights green, open your phone/tablet application (The "DJI GO 4" not the older DJI GO)
9) If the remote does not go green (led), then ensure you have pressed the yellow flashing button on the back of the Mavic till you hear 2 beeps (pair the remote if needed)
10) If all goes well, your application will open and you can start the following: update drone firmware, update remote firmware, update maps restrictions, etc. )
11) Calibrate, calibrate, calibrate, Compas, IMU, Gimble. You may need to do this throughout the process if the application will not let you proceed.

12) If it all worked...turn everything off, close your application, install your SD card and in order (remote, drone, application) turn everything on. Then go into settings and format your SD card and set it to primary storage device. Feel free to add any other accessories after.

I realize it would completely suck to send your drone back and wait for a replacement. When you consider the production backlog, it would be like 3 weeks at best, that doesn't include the New Year's celebration currently taking place. So, if I were you, I would try just about everything before I did that.
Things I would try, keeping in mind that I am only trying to give unprofessional/friendly advice:
1) Strip everything down to the basics (remove the battery, remove gimble cover, remove any installed SD card, remove any ND filters, remove prop guards).
2) Charge everything to maximum (Mavic Air and Remote Controller battery to 100%)
4) Check your viewing device for latest application update. "Check for updates on your Cell/tablet" Install any new application update.
8) When the remote lights green, open your phone/tablet application (The "DJI GO 4" not the older DJI GO)
9) If the remote does not go green (led), then ensure you have pressed the yellow flashing button on the back of the Mavic till you hear 2 beeps (pair the remote if needed)
10) If all goes well, your application will open and you can start the following: update drone firmware, update remote firmware, update maps restrictions, etc. )
11) Calibrate, calibrate, calibrate, Compas, IMU, Gimble. You may need to do this throughout the process if the application will not let you proceed.

12) If it all worked...turn everything off, close your application, install your SD card and in order (remote, drone, application) turn everything on. Then go into settings and format your SD card and set it to primary storage device. Feel free to add any other accessories after.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I gave dji a call and also contacted them through email. They told me to send it in but I will try this before I do.

Forgot to tell you...ensure you are nowhere near a speaker or internet router. Prefer you are in the middle of an open space on the floor/flat.

Same thing happened to me. I called Drone World and they sent a replacement.

So does this work?
Any one tried it?
Mine was working yesterday but today it gave me all sorts of errors ... What to do?

So does this work?
Any one tried it?
Mine was working yesterday but today it gave me all sorts of errors ... What to do?

I’d probably play it safe and return it for a new one. You paid far too much to receive a defective product. It sucks having to wait again but it’s most likely for the best. Maybe they’ll throw in a battery for your trouble.

Just bought mine today at Harvey and experiencing the same problem. I tried the above, unfortunately that didnt work too. I'll give support a call tomorrow and might just go back to Harvey and get it replaced. Looks like a number of this issue seems to be happening...

I had the same problem. I think most of the Mavic airs coming from dji are effective with this problem. I called dji and had to send it back to fixed.
That's a VERY bold statement you made there! What evidence are you basing the "I think most..... are effective" on??

My drone took an 8ft free fall after hovering to close to my deck and making contact. It was no longer running when I got to it and after replacing 2 damaged propellers, I thought I was ready to fly until I had the exact same messages come up. My drone is out of warranty so I started searching the internet for answers and it seems like a fix might be replacing the camera imu module. I figure if Im going to do alot of flying commercially ( taking my test soon, I took a online course to prepare me for the test and happy I did! ) l need to dive in and do my own repairs since most everything is plug and play. I found the module online and ordered it today. Im open to any other fixes that might be needed. When I try to calibrate my imu it will not start the on screen tutorial.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31