DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air lost connection and crash

Gusafo

Reactions
Hi all, first of all I want to introduce myself, I'm from Spain and a completly noob with Drones. In January I bought a Mavic Air and I did some flights with no big issues, everything was fine until this weekend.

I was flying it until suddenly it lost connection to the remote/dji go, it was like 600m away and had more than 60% of battery, I thought it would return home, as it's supposed, but never came back. At some point the controller started making the low battery noise, but I saw no connection in the dji go app. The drone was gone, I finally found it searching near its last gps ubication, so I can assume it never tried to return home, with a broken leg and propperer.

I don't know what happened and the djigo log doesn't show anything strange, I've dowwnloaded the drone log with dji assistant, but I cannot read it. I want to open a ticket in amazon (where I bought it) for malfunction, but I would like to know first what really happened, so if anyone can help me I would really apreciate it.

Thanks all in advance

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-30_[16-09-48].txt
    957.5 KB · Views: 24
I was flying it until suddenly it lost connection to the remote/dji go, it was like 600m away and had more than 60% of battery, I thought it would return home, as it's supposed, but never came back.
Here is what your flight data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
When/if you lose signal as you did, the drone is programmed to return.
Common causes of non-return are wind too strong and obstacles on the return path.
In your case, the drone was well above any terrain on the RTH path and it appears that the wind was a headwind flying out, so it would have been an easy flight back.

Your flight data ends at 6:58.4 with the drone in a stable hover.
There are no sudden changes in pitch, roll or yaw which would indicate a crash or flight difficulty.
This plus the drone being found near the last location, suggests the drone never started returning and the cause of the incident was a sudden loss of power (which also caused the loss of signal).

If the drone is less than one year old, synch your flight data in the Go App (click on the cloud icon) to upload the file to DJI.
Then go to DJI's online help and talk to their people to start your claim.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Here is what your flight data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
When/if you lose signal as you did, the drone is programmed to return.
Common causes of non-return are wind too strong and obstacles on the return path.
In your case, the drone was well above any terrain on the RTH path and it appears that the wind was a headwind flying out, so it would have been an easy flight back.

Your flight data ends at 6:58.4 with the drone in a stable hover.
There are no sudden changes in pitch, roll or yaw which would indicate a crash or flight difficulty.
This plus the drone being found near the last location, suggests the drone never started returning and the cause of the incident was a sudden loss of power (which also caused the loss of signal).

If the drone is less than one year old, synch your flight data in the Go App (click on the cloud icon) to upload the file to DJI.
Then go to DJI's online help and talk to their people to start your claim.

Ok, thank you very much, that is what I thought, power loss. I have asked amazon for garanty repair (the dron has near 2 months), and they ask me to send to them the hole pack (fly more combo) in order to repair it. I also have dji care refresh, so I'm afraid that if amazon send me a new one i can lose it. So I don't know if I should use amazon garanty, dji's or care refresh.

Thanks again

It was processing a PANO when the "connection lost" happened, but i don't completly understand what does FC crash means, and how to interpret this graph.

It was processing a PANO when the "connection lost" happened, but i don't completly understand what does FC crash means, and how to interpret this graph.

The FC is the onboard computer. It, its operating system or its flight control software crashed during pano processing, causing the aircraft to drop out of the sky. I'm not sure what to say about the graph - it's fully labeled and self-explanatory.

The FC is the onboard computer. It, its operating system or its flight control software crashed during pano processing, causing the aircraft to drop out of the sky. I'm not sure what to say about the graph - it's fully labeled and self-explanatory.

Thanks for the explanation, I understand the graph but couldn't find what OSD_yaw means, or the relationship between the PANO function and the crash. I also notice that I cannot charge the battery used on that flight, the charger shows a red light.

Thanks for the explanation, I understand the graph but couldn't find what OSD_yaw means, or the relationship between the PANO function and the crash. I also notice that I cannot charge the battery used on that flight, the charger shows a red light.

OSD_yaw is the aircraft heading.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad