DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - Lost Connection

AlexMoore

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I’ve seen a some posts with people having connectivity issues with the Mavic Air, mine went a whole step further yesterday.
I’ve had the usual intermittent momentary drop outs in flight and soon got it back. But yesterday I was flying home and was less than 2 meters from myself, just about to land, and the connection totally dropped out, the app disconnected, as did the controller! I was miles from any interference, had plenty of battery in rc, phone and controller. Just zero connection, lucky I was low enough I could pluck the drone from the air with my hand, I had to remove the battery to shut it off (panicked slightly, could have just turned it upside down)

Anyone else had this happen? I’ve lost all cofidence flying over water now, fearing it could lose all connection and hover, it didn’t seem to go into any kind of RTH, perhaps because it knew it was already very close to the home spot, it just hovered. Scary, I don’t want to lose connection like that again where I have absolutely zero control

Does the flight log show any error's? That's the first place I'd look. Also have you flown in this area before? If so, what was your experience in terms of disconnect? My only experience with disconnect was trying to launch in an area where i think had some level of interference. It was i a rural area along a beach. There was a culvert nearby (3-4meters- 6-12')made of metal pipes. Anyways, the controller would connect to the phone but the Air would not connect to the app/controller unless I moved several meters away.

I have yet to experience disconnect issues while in flight (at least not with the Mavic Air but with my Spark). RTH saved my *** that time.

Does the flight log show any error's? That's the first place I'd look. Also have you flown in this area before? If so, what was your experience in terms of disconnect? My only experience with disconnect was trying to launch in an area where i think had some level of interference. It was i a rural area along a beach. There was a culvert nearby (3-4meters- 6-12')made of metal pipes. Anyways, the controller would connect to the phone but the Air would not connect to the app/controller unless I moved several meters away.

I have yet to experience disconnect issues while in flight (at least not with the Mavic Air but with my Spark). RTH saved my *** that time.

Hey,

Yeh I was in a really good area for flying, no interference around at all, flying over some Aussie wetlands in the middle of nowehere. I was hovering within a metre or two of myself, lucky I could reach the drone where it was!
Nothing showing on the flight log

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo