DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Low Noise Propellers?

I just want to put this out there... if anyone here has a good idea of which propellers would be a good match (proper pitch, length, etc) but don't have the way to make them attach to our mavic airs, let me know. I make jewelry with cad software, have a decent 3d printer and cast parts. If someone has the knowledge of what prop to use, I could probably make an quick release adapter in aluminum.

Reactions: Mxs
Hi all,
I’m new here, but have been following this thread for awhile. Before I decided to get the Mavic Air, I was really concerned about the noise when I travel and wow it really is loud with its high pitch. Thanks to this thread, I 3D printed the mount from thingiverse and bought the Anafi propellors. And oh boy what a difference it does make. It feels half as loud and attracts less attention. I was testing both propellor types at my local park and onlookers didn’t take notice with the Anafi props but did with the stock props.
20DFC4CD-5EE7-4844-A6F2-1BF3C6772A3D.jpeg
The mount is made with PLA and needs to printed flat. I made the mistake of printing it vertically and it wasn’t structurally strong. I took 14 AWG insulated solid electrical wire (used in home wiring) for the pins. It’s thin enough to allow the propellors to flop around smoothly but thick enough to press fit securely.

A7A51C72-D347-4C40-9E9B-8EA8839E36BB.jpeg
One problem with these props is that it’s too high profile so it doesn’t fit in the small DJI case that comes with the Mavic Air.
7346B83D-6057-4214-96F8-CED499EC0315.jpeg

But I will trade that inconvenience for a quieter drone. So far my testing has been limited and I haven’t tried it out in sport mode yet. Once the weather clears here, I’ll try to do a comparison video and post it.

I’ve also contacted master airscrew about a low noise prop for the Mavic Air and they said they were working on it. So don’t lose hope yet!

These 3d prop adapters are **** cool and surprisingly strong. They still are a bit loud but less annoying. Maybe a 40% reduction in actual spl noise. So far , 8 batteries worth of low level flights over land with a bit of sport for testing and still working . A good pre and post flight checklist for these props are mandatory!!! P_20190105_163335_vHDR_Auto.jpeg

Reactions: wheresmydrone
I just want to put this out there... if anyone here has a good idea of which propellers would be a good match (proper pitch, length, etc) but don't have the way to make them attach to our mavic airs, let me know. I make jewelry with cad software, have a decent 3d printer and cast parts. If someone has the knowledge of what prop to use, I could probably make an quick release adapter in aluminum.
Could you design a quick release , low profile, 5mm screw on threaded prop adaptor so that fpv and a whole slew of other props will work? Similar to what craigw designed earlier in this thread. But there has to be some modifications done to it for torque related issues but if we can get the base designed and perfected, that would be the first major step.

big update today!! I am sure all of you following this thread have been waiting for some good news on the quiet front and here it is! I had thought from the replies here, that MAS had cancelled making these props but to my surprise they are here! Now we have to wait and see if these props can live up to their claims of noise reduction. People in america will get them first so if you american mavicpilots do get your hands on it, please test it out for us and leave a comment! Thanks!!

Attachments

• MAS-DJI-Mavic-Air-STEALTH-Propellers-3D-Black_2048x2048.jpg
    MAS-DJI-Mavic-Air-STEALTH-Propellers-3D-Black_2048x2048.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 122
Nice. Initial impressions is visually they are more symmetrical in design. Notably the leading edge having a section that's more prominent/proud in relation to the tip.
Similarly the Anafi props also don't have that "flat" or straight leading edge either.

Will see what they come to for non-US buyers, appears to be $50+AUD shipped for a set, though in retrospect OEM props are only $10-15 cheaper talking "ossie" dollarydoos.

Nice. Initial impressions is visually they are more symmetrical in design. Notably the leading edge having a section that's more prominent/proud in relation to the tip.
Similarly the Anafi props also don't have that "flat" or straight leading edge either.

Will see what they come to for non-US buyers, appears to be $50+AUD shipped for a set, though in retrospect OEM props are only $10-15 cheaper talking "ossie" dollarydoos.
Maybe a few of us Aussies can band together for a group purchase? I don't mind doing it and shipping to individuals after they arrive, if that helps (I'm in Melbourne and have a good reputation online and in person with various RC and IT hobbyist groups, can give credentials and references if a few of us decide to do this). I've also used a mail forwarder from USA for over a decade in case their shipping to AUS is crazily expensive.

But regardless of the above, I'd be keen for a set. The noise currently keeps my Air grounded in times I'd prefer to fly. Really like the idea of helping make sure I don't disturb any people who may be not much further away than 30m.

Reactions: Greggles
Ordered a set out of interest. 26GBP delivered to UK. I'm a bit wary about invalidating DJI care refresh though so will only use for low level experimentation!

Woke up and saw this update. Thought it was a sick joke. Checked MAS site and behold - they do exist. SOOOO happy. Just ordered. Was on the verge of giving away my mavic air cause it was so annoyingly loud......can't wait to try these.

Reactions: Mxs and x11freak
This is awesome. I just ordered a set too. I’ll try to give a comparison between the stock, Anafi and MA when I receive them. Hopefully I won’t get grounded by weather

I ordered a couple pairs here on the East Coast so hopefully they arrive sometime next week. I'd be happy to give a subjective opinion on them. I have very high hopes from MAS's claims but have little doubt they will live up to them. Really looking forward to the pitch change.

I ordered a couple pairs here on the East Coast so hopefully they arrive sometime next week. I'd be happy to give a subjective opinion on them. I have very high hopes from MAS's claims but have little doubt they will live up to them. Really looking forward to the pitch change.

They even claimed longer flight times! I'll just be happy if it changes the pitch a little bit and doesn't decrease times.

Reactions: emdeem
Maybe a few of us Aussies can band together for a group purchase? I don't mind doing it and shipping to individuals after they arrive, if that helps (I'm in Melbourne and have a good reputation online and in person with various RC and IT hobbyist groups, can give credentials and references if a few of us decide to do this). I've also used a mail forwarder from USA for over a decade in case their shipping to AUS is crazily expensive.

But regardless of the above, I'd be keen for a set. The noise currently keeps my Air grounded in times I'd prefer to fly. Really like the idea of helping make sure I don't disturb any people who may be not much further away than 30m.

Hi Crag v - I am in Aus Northern NSW and very interested in getting these props for my Mavic air - wont order til I hear back from you to see if you get response for group order and how much that will save - let me know asap - Thanks - Garry

Hi Crag v - I am in Aus Northern NSW and very interested in getting these props for my Mavic air - wont order til I hear back from you to see if you get response for group order and how much that will save - let me know asap - Thanks - Garry
Hey hey, you're the first to reply and I got impatient just this morning and ordered a set.

Lousy timing, sorry Garry!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest