DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Master Airscrew Stealth Props Second Generation V2

oh and one thing to be careful of, they are extremely sharp!! I cut my finger open just taking the out of the bag. they are very soft/flexible so probably wouldn't do real damage even spinning, but they will cut flesh very easily,

Reactions: MavicFlyer
Well I love(d) my V1s. I never experienced any motor errors and never adjusted the gain. At first I wasn't particularly impressed by the noise reduction until yesterday when I was flying low in a vast open field with absolutely no vegetation other than grass, and a notably fast-growing shrub suddenly enveloped my MA and chewed some of its rotors. So, I slapped the OEM blades back on and took off to get revenge on the shrub (by staring it down from a distance). THAT's when I noted the incredible calming effect these blades have on noise.

Three things sort of annoyed me on the V2 and MAS, respectively, though not game-changers:

• They bumped the price of the V2s by two bucks (US)
  • The new colors are sort of wussy. C'mon, gimme RED!
  • MAS charges $4.99 to ship them. That's clearly a profit-maker. These things weigh nothing! By the time I was done, I'd shoveled $27.98 at them. That's getting a bit steep for a set of rotors.in my groveling-humble opinion.

Bottom line is, though, that I REALLY like them! Now to turn Obstacle avoidance back on.

Had mine several weeks now. Felt positive, as reported earlier. Now getting motor error messages regularly, even though gains adjusted. That's
something new.

John

So my version 2 props arrived yesterday and have flown with them for about 45 minutes. I just received this response about whether any adjustments are required. None are required but minor adjustments are recommended for optimal performance. Here is their quote: The V1 props require change of settings to avoid motor error and slight vibration in some flying conditions.

For V2 those settings are optional as under no circumstances you will not get any motor errors.
We have included the settings card as we do recommend those slight gain adjustments for optimal performance in every flying conditions.

Why the setting are important - our Stealth propellers are more efficient and produce more lift with less input power from the Mavic Air motors. This is why it is best to slightly adjust the gain settings and let the flight controller be fully prepared for the new props.

Here's the clarity we're looking for re versions 2.......

Hi Jay,

I’m sorry for my confusing answer.

The V1 props require change of settings to avoid motor error and slight vibration in some flying conditions.

For V2 those settings are optional as under no circumstances you will not get any motor errors.
We have included the settings card as we do recommend those slight gain adjustments for optimal performance in every flying conditions.

Why the setting are important - our Stealth propellers are more efficient and produce more lift with less input power from the Mavic Air motors. This is why it is best to slightly adjust the gain settings and let the flight controller be fully prepared for the new props.

Hope this helps.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,
MAS Team

Yep, that is for V1
If it says V2 has no motor errors then why adjust the gains?

I just wrote them to clarify on their website.
Gain adjustments is to optimize flying, but not a necessity to correct for motor errors.
Note from the company rec'd this a.m. reads.....

Hope this helps.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,
MAS Team

Reactions: Lutz
Late to the game with these, but I finally got a set. They seem a little brittle and a lot less flexible than the stock props, but maybe that's part of the design to get them quiet and more efficient?
I wouldn't say they're much quieter than the DJI props, but they're much lower pitched.
I tried them without adjusting the gains, and there was a fair bit of drift (indoors too). Once I'd adjusted to the recommended settings it was back to normal.

I've yet to try them in the wild, it's very windy here at the moment.

I agree, MAS props are a little less annoying. Problem is, what appeared "less annoying" at first becomes as annoying as the DJI stock props as your ears get used to it. May be I should start flying with the stock props again to re-tune my ears.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54