DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Master Airscrew Stealth Props Second Generation V2

I received V2 of the Master Airscrew props earlier today. I haven't had a chance to test them thoroughly yet, but I did have time for one brief flight.

I didn't fly in Sport mode (I almost never use that mode), but in "normal" mode I never saw any motor current errors (unlike V1, where I saw at least two or three of those errors every flight). I didn't notice any stuttering at any time. Regarding noise level, in my totally subjective opinion, the V2 props are as quiet as the V1 props, and they both seem to be significantly quieter that the OEM props.

The new props came with a card that gave suggested gain settings, and I used those settings. These settings are less extreme than the ones that were recommended for the V1 props.

Overall, I was happy with the V1 props and I'm even happier with the upgraded V2. As far as I'm concerned it was money well spent, both times.

Larry

So in summary, from previous posts I understant there is no significant features difference between V1 & V2. They both reduces noise by 3dB compared to the DJI props and extend flight time by 1 to 2min. Correct?
I've bought the V1 early May and I am pleased so far. So no rationales to go for V2 short t

If you are pleased, then no need to update. For me, I wanted the update mainly for the COLORS! It helps me figure out which is forward and which is back from a distance. Secondarily it was the peace of mind of not having motor current errors and now the bonus of eliminating that the loud stuttering that occurs occasionally

Reactions: Rayray
When you bought it you were satisfied. The new improved ones dont make your current one redundant. I dont expectv them not to update it because some people bought the old on last month.
There were MANY people who were happy with the performance with the first version but concerned about the error messages. I am one of them. My view has been that they should replace them under a customer service/loyalty standpoint but that they have no obligation to do so since the issue was, I thought, a firmware upgrade one that was out of their control. But in looking at this further, they continued to sell the old version after the update, despite the errors, while claiming the gain setting option would fix it, which it doesn't always. So upon further reflection I do think they bear some responsibility here.

Reactions: Bluenoseken
There were MANY people who were happy with the performance with the first version but concerned about the error messages. I am one of them. My view has been that they should replace them under a customer service/loyalty standpoint but that they have no obligation to do so since the issue was, I thought, a firmware upgrade one that was out of their control. But in looking at this further, they continued to sell the old version after the update, despite the errors, while claiming the gain setting option would fix it, which it doesn't always. So upon further reflection I do think they bear some responsibility here.
As long as they mentioned such error in the description, they have done their part.

As long as they mentioned such error in the description, they have done their part.
The description was added later - after I (and many others) purchased the old ones and they received complaints. The firmware that appears to have caused this issue came out about a month before they started selling them (it is possible I'm wrong on this but it appears to be the case - v01.00.0560, released in Feb.). They were almost certainly aware of it if they did any testing at all, and should have provided a notice then.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm happy with mine, but somewhat annoyed by the constant error messages I get (not a huge deal). I haven't asked them for nor do I expect to get a refund or replacement or discount. I think they're a good company that makes great products. But I do think they should offer it when asked, particularly given the timeline above, at least for folks who have continuing issues, and it is bothersome to hear they're refusing given they appear to have sold them WITH knowledge of the problem without giving notice (at least to those of us who bought them early).

Last edited:
first version is good for payload (gopro etc..) never got any errors. I have yet to try v2

If you bought an iPhone and you didn't like the battery life or the camera then a new version that solved the issues that you had came out Apple wouldn't trade the old for new. That's on a $1000 item, this is a $20 item. I'd be inclined to just suck it up. I spend more than that on beer in a week.

Reactions: Rayray
If you bought an iPhone and you didn't like the battery life or the camera then a new version that solved the issues that you had came out Apple wouldn't trade the old for new. That's on a $1000 item, this is a $20 item. I'd be inclined to just suck it up. I spend more than that on beer in a week.
If I had a "battery error" message come up repeatedly during use and they fixed the problem 2 months after it was released, yes, I'd be pretty annoyed (and Apple would probably be facing a class-action lawsuit). Although in this case, also yes, I'm not bothering to try to get it replaced over $20. I'm just buying the new ones.

Reactions: FEMit
Received a set of V2 today. Tried immediately at their recommended gain settings. Conclusion? REALLY quiet and no error messages like V1. Happy camper here!

John

Reactions: Mrmund
So i just came back trom testing the new MAS v2 props and I’m happy to say that there is an improvement.

I reset my gains back to 100% and went full throttle and performing sharp turns in sports mode and I didn’t see any motor current errors (checked the flight logs).

Additionally I would normally see the stuttering during initial takeoff with the MASv1 but the MASv2 I didn’t experience any of that after making at least 10 takeoff and landings.

Noise wise it seems to be about the same as the v1 except now it doesn’t stutter so that makes it overall stealthier.

Flight performance feels the same. I’ll have to do a thorough test of all this including an anechoic test for noise performance.

TL;DR: MASv2 is the one I was waiting for. It resolves the motor current errors and the stuttering. Recommended!

What kind of flight time did you get?

I tested my MAS V2 today. They are quieter than OEM props, I never tried the V1 stealth props. I did an air time test, put on the V2, adjusted the gain to the recommendations, flew it to 22 feet high in breezy conditions and just hovered. I got 18:42 air time before the Mavic Air landed itself with the critically low battery. I got no error messages. I did the same test with the OEM props changing the gain back to default and I got 17:50 air time. So the V2 got about a minute more air time over the OEMs. I put the V2s back on and my son quickly switched it to sport mode and crashed into bushes cracking two of the props, lol. I'm glad I bought two sets of them. So far i'm liking the V2s but i'll will have to watch my son more closely.

Reactions: Canuk and Soteris
I wonder if the motor error messages will come back when DJI updates to the next firmware level. Maybe DJI is going to come out with their own low-noise props (which funny enough will work with their latest firmware, with no errors).

Reactions: FEMit
I wonder if the motor error messages will come back when DJI updates to the next firmware level. Maybe DJI is going to come out with their own low-noise props (which funny enough will work with their latest firmware, with no errors).
I got a firmware update today as I was changing batteries. No error messages.

When you bought it you were satisfied. The new improved ones dont make your current one redundant. I dont expectv them not to update it because some people bought the old on last month.

I don't recall saying I was satisfied. I stopped using them because the gain changes didn't fix the errors for me. And again, update away, just show good will toward your customers that bought beta versions and throw them a discount. It's cheaper to keep customers than find new ones.

So i just came back trom testing the new MAS v2 props and I’m happy to say that there is an improvement.

I reset my gains back to 100% and went full throttle and performing sharp turns in sports mode and I didn’t see any motor current errors (checked the flight logs).

Additionally I would normally see the stuttering during initial takeoff with the MASv1 but the MASv2 I didn’t experience any of that after making at least 10 takeoff and landings.

Noise wise it seems to be about the same as the v1 except now it doesn’t stutter so that makes it overall stealthier.

Flight performance feels the same. I’ll have to do a thorough test of all this including an anechoic test for noise performance.

TL;DR: MASv2 is the one I was waiting for. It resolves the motor current errors and the stuttering. Recommended!
View attachment 74450
View attachment 74450
I note from your photo that you've opted to use the blue & magenta (pink!) props - what's the visibility like with these colours? Is one more obvious than the other?

I tested my MAS V2 today. They are quieter than OEM props, I never tried the V1 stealth props. I did an air time test, put on the V2, adjusted the gain to the recommendations, flew it to 22 feet high in breezy conditions and just hovered. I got 18:42 air time before the Mavic Air landed itself with the critically low battery. I got no error messages. I did the same test with the OEM props changing the gain back to default and I got 17:50 air time. So the V2 got about a minute more air time over the OEMs. I put the V2s back on and my son quickly switched it to sport mode and crashed into bushes cracking two of the props, lol. I'm glad I bought two sets of them. So far i'm liking the V2s but i'll will have to watch my son more closely.
Thanks for sharing. Not much of a difference then, it might be further improved when flying ?

Reactions: PureBlue
If you are pleased, then no need to update. For me, I wanted the update mainly for the COLORS! It helps me figure out which is forward and which is back from a distance. Secondarily it was the peace of mind of not having motor current errors and now the bonus of eliminating that the loud stuttering that occurs occasionally

The COLORS? Rats, at distance I can't distinguish colors! Don't reckon it's cause I'm old as the hills, do you?

The COLORS? Rats, at distance I can't distinguish colors! Don't reckon it's cause I'm old as the hills, do you?

Yeah... I can't tell once it is 30 feet away from me. I look at the screen for direction. I usually assume it is going the same direction I am flying. I never look at the drone till landing it quite honestly.

Thanks for sharing. Not much of a difference then, it might be further improved when flying ?
My max time was 18:45 with the V1 MASs, flying around (not just hovering) but no sport mode. I’ve heard hovering takes more power than standard flight but haven’t tested personally.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky