Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic Air Newbie from Southeast Iowa

kwolfskill

Reaction score
Been a serious amateur photographer since the mid 1970's (don't ask my how many SLRs and DSLRs I have owned...) and started doing a little video after getting my Canon 70D and iPhone 6+ a few years ago.

Always been fascinated by drones, but was always frustrated because I couldn't get mini drones properly trimmed, so that they would hover stabily. Finally saw a friend fly a Phantom 3 last summer and realized that there is a difference between how easy it is to fly a "real" drone vs. the toy ones.

Got a Mavic Air about a month ago, and am super excited about it. But, between work, yard work (dang neighborhoodtrees dropping their leaves!), shortened days, and living next to an airport, so I have to go some place else to fly, have only gotten to fly it twice so far.

We do a lot of travel, and the Air looks like the perfect addition to my photography back pack, taking up about the same space as a small zoom lens, but still giving 4K.

Hope to get to spend more time with it soon!

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Mavic Mac

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Welcome
The MA is fun to fly and waiting to see your photography skills displayed here.

Reactions: dirkclod

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Been a serious amateur photographer since the mid 1970's (don't ask my how many SLRs and DSLRs I have owned...) and started doing a little video after getting my Canon 70D and iPhone 6+ a few years ago.

Always been fascinated by drones, but was always frustrated because I couldn't get mini drones properly trimmed, so that they would hover stabily. Finally saw a friend fly a Phantom 3 last summer and realized that there is a difference between how easy it is to fly a "real" drone vs. the toy ones.

Got a Mavic Air about a month ago, and am super excited about it. But, between work, yard work (dang neighborhoodtrees dropping their leaves!), shortened days, and living next to an airport, so I have to go some place else to fly, have only gotten to fly it twice so far.

We do a lot of travel, and the Air looks like the perfect addition to my photography back pack, taking up about the same space as a small zoom lens, but still giving 4K.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

jspil

Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow MA owner from Maryland. It's an awesome and very capable drone. I will be curious to here what an actual photographer thinks about the camera and its abilities.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platypus_