DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Newbie from Southeast Iowa

kwolfskill

Reactions
Been a serious amateur photographer since the mid 1970's (don't ask my how many SLRs and DSLRs I have owned...) and started doing a little video after getting my Canon 70D and iPhone 6+ a few years ago.

Always been fascinated by drones, but was always frustrated because I couldn't get mini drones properly trimmed, so that they would hover stabily. Finally saw a friend fly a Phantom 3 last summer and realized that there is a difference between how easy it is to fly a "real" drone vs. the toy ones.

Got a Mavic Air about a month ago, and am super excited about it. But, between work, yard work (dang neighborhoodtrees dropping their leaves!), shortened days, and living next to an airport, so I have to go some place else to fly, have only gotten to fly it twice so far.

We do a lot of travel, and the Air looks like the perfect addition to my photography back pack, taking up about the same space as a small zoom lens, but still giving 4K.

Hope to get to spend more time with it soon!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome
The MA is fun to fly and waiting to see your photography skills displayed here.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome! The MA is fantastic, hope to see your work soon. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum! :)

Been a serious amateur photographer since the mid 1970's (don't ask my how many SLRs and DSLRs I have owned...) and started doing a little video after getting my Canon 70D and iPhone 6+ a few years ago.

Always been fascinated by drones, but was always frustrated because I couldn't get mini drones properly trimmed, so that they would hover stabily. Finally saw a friend fly a Phantom 3 last summer and realized that there is a difference between how easy it is to fly a "real" drone vs. the toy ones.

Got a Mavic Air about a month ago, and am super excited about it. But, between work, yard work (dang neighborhoodtrees dropping their leaves!), shortened days, and living next to an airport, so I have to go some place else to fly, have only gotten to fly it twice so far.

We do a lot of travel, and the Air looks like the perfect addition to my photography back pack, taking up about the same space as a small zoom lens, but still giving 4K.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome from a fellow MA owner from Maryland. It's an awesome and very capable drone. I will be curious to here what an actual photographer thinks about the camera and its abilities.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU