DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air otg

Ronsenvy

Reactions
So, the Mavic Air is pretty sweet! There is an otg cable supplied and a special slot for connection to the phone. I have seen no discussion on use of this. I have flown with it connected to my I pad mini and plugged into the reg sized usb in the lower middle of the RC, and also flown without any otg connection. No difference noted. Can anyone explain if it’s needed, or is it waiting for a future update? Thanks Ron

An OTG cable is not needed. Just use a normal micro USB cable, Lightning cable, or whichever cable your mobile device uses.

So, the Mavic Air is pretty sweet! There is an otg cable supplied and a special slot for connection to the phone. I have seen no discussion on use of this. I have flown with it connected to my I pad mini and plugged into the reg sized usb in the lower middle of the RC, and also flown without any otg connection. No difference noted. Can anyone explain if it’s needed, or is it waiting for a future update? Thanks Ron
Cable is required for using the controller. DJI supplies you with three that fit into the controller arm. Lightning, micro USB, and USB-C. These are all about 3" long. They also supply a USB to USB-C cable that is about 2 feet long - they supply a USB-C to micro USB adapter that you need when charging the controller. You could also use it for connecting to a tablet, but it's kind of long for that.

But aren’t these supplied cables the same as the otg cable I used in the spark? And should I only plug into the upper left of the RC or does the lower middle accomplish the same thing? I have a lightning to the regular size usb cable. Ron

But aren’t these supplied cables the same as the otg cable I used in the spark?
No. They are regular USB data cables.

should I only plug into the upper left of the RC or does the lower middle accomplish the same thing?
You can use either port. Make sure you're only using one at a time though.

I’m probably overthinking this but, the otg I used on the spark had the same mini usb on one end and lightning on the other end, is it now a data cable, like the one supplied with Mavic Air?

If you're using an Apple device, you should be connecting your mobile device to the remote controller using a normal Lightning cable (like in the photo below). Do not connect your Lightning cable to an OTG cable/adapter.

04.jpg

Alternatively, you could use the short Lightning cable (that came in the box) to connect your mobile device to the left side of the remote controller.

Thanks, that’s what I do. Can’t fly until Trump leaves later today or tonight. Every weekend NFZ!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mack_Attack