DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Range Frustration

Ok guys and gals , Question, there are pilots here that say they flew 5000, 7000 feet plus. What if you brought your AIRS to the same exact location as to where the one only can go 300 feet. Your saying yours will still travel up to 7000 feet there? If yours still can get up to 7000 feet why would Dutches get only 300 feet. ( just say Dutch75 has everything set right with his)

One should not expect a wifi drone to have any great consistent distance ability. Some places you might, some places you wont. If distance is a need, dont buy a drone that is not designed to have long range.

Ok guys and gals , Question, there are pilots here that say they flew 5000, 7000 feet plus. What if you brought your AIRS to the same exact location as to where the one only can go 300 feet. Your saying yours will still travel up to 7000 feet there? If yours still can get up to 7000 feet why would Dutches get only 300 feet. ( just say Dutch75 has everything set right with his)
My flight of 7,300 ft was over water, no wifi interference.

Attachments

• lighthouse.jpg
    lighthouse.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 77
My flight of 7,300 ft was over water, no wifi interference.
Ok, so yours was over water and that enabled you to fly that Distance. So what your saying, if you flew in the same exact area as the one that can only go 300 m or so, yours would get close to 300 m or so because of the location. Assuming nothing is wrong with both crafts .

Ok, so yours was over water and that enabled you to fly that Distance. So what your saying, if you flew in the same exact area as the one that can only go 300 m or so, yours would get close to 300 m or so because of the location. Assuming nothing is wrong with both crafts .
No, he didn’t say that! What you’re asking would require all of us that don’t have a range or stability problem, to travel from wherever we are in the world, to fly in the location that someone is having range problems and prove whether it is their drone or the location - like that is going to happen!

Reactions: davemorts
If I flew over an area with lots of wifi interference I would get less than half that distance.

Works fine for me! Did 3 batteries worth with latest Go & MA firmware, got the WiFi network change question each time I restarted

Did u authorized DJI GO on Android with fake GPS to geolocation data from assisted GPS data and DJI equipment?

Did u authorized DJI GO on Android with fake GPS to geolocation data from assisted GPS data and DJI equipment?
The bit about using an android device & fake gps, i understand and yes, I did. The rest, I haven’t a clue what your asking!

The bit about using an android device & fake gps, i understand and yes, I did. The rest, I haven’t a clue what your asking!

When DJI GO auto updated to last version app ask me to authorize access to geolocation data from not only phone (with enabled fake GPS), but from DJI equipment and Alfa (assisted) GPS. And blocked to change wlan settings to fcc.

I've had my Mavic air about a week and I am getting frustrated. I cannot seem to go beyond 300m distance. I have tried both 2.4 and 5.8, to no avail. Regardless of where I take it I begin to lose connection.

You are not accidentally trying to fly with WiFi are you?

I am in Jacksonville FL. Contacted DJI support and they told me to download DJI assistant and refresh firmware for both aircraft and controller. After doing so I was able to get 950m before I had to turn around. This is over multiple apt. complexes and very busy area. Still not sure if this is up to par but definitely better than 300m.

I am in Jacksonville FL. Contacted DJI support and they told me to download DJI assistant and refresh firmware for both aircraft and controller. After doing so I was able to get 950m before I had to turn around. This is over multiple apt. complexes and very busy area. Still not sure if this is up to par but definitely better than 300m.

Don’t worry in USA. There is FCC standart. In Europe is CE which 4 times weaker. And without in general 5,8 GGz band.

I've had my Mavic air about a week and I am getting frustrated. I cannot seem to go beyond 300m distance. I have tried both 2.4 and 5.8, to no avail. Regardless of where I take it I begin to lose connection. Weak signal warnings, losing video feed, etc. I'm considering taking it back for Mavic Pro as I know RC is more reliable than wifi. Please help any way you can. Thanks.

Sigh. Well yesterday got over 1000m, only for today to barely reach 300 again. Same location.

Sigh. Well yesterday got over 1000m, only for today to barely reach 300 again. Same location.

Have you found any solutions or improvements? I am disappointed with my Air's distance, reading up on these threads to see what kind of distance other people are getting. When I was in Australia I was happy, but now that I'm in Indonesia its ducking pretty bad, even way up on volcanoes and areas I thought would be less populated.

I'm gathering it's this WiFi vs Occusync business at fault.

If distance is what you want, why choose the Mavic air? Worst choice ever, since that is exactly what it is NOT made to do.
What are you talking about? Do you own one? I have had no distance problems at all. Just curious where you come up with this??

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair